Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the ferret world we kibble feeders feed supplements called Duk Soup (named after the first ferret to be fed soup). I was wondering if anyone did the same for their puppy. The recipes vary greatly, all are designed to give what kibble tends to lack though. Which is more protein for the most part. I know dogs aren't as picky as ferrets but I still think soups as a normal every day thing can help. It gives you a chance to give them what they need that they aren't getting in kibble, if you have to add something to their diet because of health problems you throw it in the soup, it's gentler on the stomach so the sick are more willing to eat it (also helps keep them hydrated & easier to force feed should it come to that), if you need to give meds mix it into the soups and they'll never know, and those are just a few of the benefits. Anyway back to the point I wanted to know if anyone does this already or something similar and whether or not ya'll think it's a good idea and worth a try.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kind of, sort of. In liquid form with more then just meat. It's our in between. Like I said it's a once a day supplement for kibble feeders. Here's a recipe that was drawn up for ferrets, the dog's would be similar but with different vitamins and supplements added in.

1 whole chicken or severial chicken leg quarters
1 raw egg with egg shell
2 scoops of Nupro
2 tblsp of vitavite
1 jar of gerbers stage one chicken and chicken broth
2 tblsp of ferretone (ferret treat so wouldn't be add to dog soup)
1 cup of your ferret's kibble
Chicken broth as needed
2 chicken livers
1/2 of a cows liver
1/2 a cup of gizzards and hearts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.