Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What could this be? Polly has blister-type sores on her ears--maybe 6 or 8, on the inside and outside flaps--but not near the "ear part". Does that make sense? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
She's already on "sensitive skin" dog food--it's below zero for highs here, the ground is snow-covered...it can't be allergies?
I just dread the thought of more vet bills...
An she does wake up in the middle of night scratching them, but otherwise, she leaves them alone. I could not find anything about this on the internet anywhere...
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

crud, is this in the wrong forum? :rolleyes: please move to health, if that is where this should be.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hmm.. Never seen them on Boeing. Does Polly scratch her flaps a lot? I'd wait a while to see if those blisters will disappear. If it gets worse or she keeps scratching them, I'd suggest you let the vet examine her. Anyway, I hope those blisters are gone soon.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Hmm, It,s winter & heat & humidity are not the
problem...but have you bathed the beag recently?!
Duke had very sensitive ears & if they were not dried with a hair-dryer after a bath, his ears,
(the underside) would get a rash or worse very
easy! (Duke had the largest ears of all the beags we have known so far)! Goober has large ears, but
only showed some minor irritation a few times in his long life! Homer-the-Huge has tiny ears & has never had that problem! Pop's beags Rufus &
Nibbler have large ears for their size...but Duke
is the only one we have known to have a problem! :thumbup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
My Cocker developed similar blisters on her ears after she had an ear infection. From the shaking from side to side, one developed. Did you check the ears to make sure there wasn't a yeasty type smell?

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
My first thought was yeast infection also. My daughter got little blisters with a yeast infection when she was a baby. I had no idea what it could be and the doctor said yeast infection often appears as small red bumps or blisters.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
OK, I have no idea what it can be.... yeast infection sounds logic.... but I would check with the vet.... I hope Polly feels better soon

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I was thinking that maybe the parts of the ears that you are seeing the blisters is where she is scratching but that she does, indeed, have an ear infection. I know all too well about the vet bills but I think you should get her checked.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well, she is not scratching them..."sores" isn't the right word...they are "bumps". And her "ear" part is clean as a whistle (thanks to Georgia!)
Just these bumps--maybe 12 per ear "flap) on the inside and outside....
thanks for all the replies...

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
If they aren't sore and don't pop like a blister does then are they perhaps warts or something similar. Just extra bits of skin that have grown over. Sherry has lots of skin tags and tiny lumps and bumps around her ears and face.

·
Registered
46 Posts
What I'm talking about is a raised bump that looks like it's blood or puss filled. The nurse had told me that sometimes when the dog shakes its head from side to side, it creates the blister.

Either way, I'd still have your baby checked out. At least they aren't painful for her!

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Spencer's ears react when he has a reaction to food with shicken in it, they get all blotchy inside and then get infected. What food are you using? Could have something to do with that.

I have also heard of dogs being allergic to dust so if you have carpet, it could be that as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts