Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cry! yup i said it...i wanna cry sometimes. some days i think Cleo has the potty training thing down and then she pee in her crate or poo! I dont get mad at her i didnt catch her doing it. But today i did and i gave her a firm NO with no eye contact and took her right outside to her fave spot and she finished there. Then i gave her lots of praise for going outside. Then back inside she lay on rocking chair as i started the clean up process of her crate. Am i doing something wrong? She is 7 months and i thought she would have it by now. I get scared to let her roam around...i never know if her sniffing is getting to know the house or looking for a potty spot. im a wreck!

·
Registered
250 Posts
i had that same problem... and still do sometimes.. diesel has learned to go to the door but sometimes we have accidents...

i always try to keep my eye on him... and when i think he is looking for a spot to pee i take him out... weather he is just sniffing around or acctually looking for a potty spot...

i always take him out just in case

--Edited double post HL---

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
It's been my experience that anytime a dog gets up from a snooze or just suddenly starts sniffing and acting interested in the floor, walls, furniture and other places in the house...it's time to use your favorite pee-pee phrase and take them outside.

Please be patient...if you're consistent (it sounds like you are) and calm (so she doesn't associate peeing with upset), it will happen. On day you'll wake up and realize that she's been potty trained for a week or so!

~Denise

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Gingersmom, I remember that same feeling--in fact, I think I did cry!! For a while it did seem to be 2 steps forward and one step back with Shiloh's potty training. And it was discouraging. But then finally it all seemed to click for her, and I'm sure it will for Cleo too. Just stay consistent, praise her to the skies when she potties outside I still tell Shiloh, "Good dog go potty outside" and she's been doing it for 11 years now!! It may take a couple more months, but it will all come together for her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts