Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having read about Roc's 'walking dilemma', I'd like to share an experience with you all. One night recently while walking with Boeing on the quiet sub-road opposite our house, I thought I would give him a little surprise :biglaugh: . We ran back and forth a couple more times then paused to catch our breath. I asked Boeing, "Wasn't that fun, kiddo? Wanna run some more?" You should have seen the poor dog...eyes bulging, tongue hanging out a mile, and he gave me a look like I can't believe you did that, Mom. As both of us love to run, we really had a time of our life that night!

So, I guess we need a little creativity, a bit over the top sometimes, to make it fun for us and our dogs. And beagles really love surprises!!

·
Registered
794 Posts
I do that with Georiga in our back yard, and yes, all my neighbors can see me, too. But she loves to play tag, and it wears her out. I like to do it right before we kennel her for the day.
zoomie, zoomie! :animal18:
funny, even when 2 of us are chasing her around in the house, we STILL CANNOT catch her!!

·
Premium Member
3,281 Posts
This is so true! And I must admit this is the one aspect of the Beagle that continues to puzzle me: For a hound, bred to chase after sent and after rabbits, they just love being chased! Best game ever!
Wonder if it is because they know there is no way on earth we can catch them... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also get funny looks from stangers on the street when they hear me talking to my dog using the tone of voice one normally uses with little children. :hi: I simply can't keep my mouth shut while walking with Boeing. I guess most Thai people are used to the notion of dogs being kept for work purposes. They think of their dogs as animals, which is not what we do in our household. Dogs are family members to us and they need to be involved in our conversation too. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

As for the chasing part, sometimes we do it in the house with Boeing zig-zagging around the furniture while grabbing his stolen prize in his mouth. When he's moving among the furniture, he'll slow his pace and that's when we pretend to grab him in the middle with 'Gotcha!!' Boy, that really sends him off again /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif This can go on and on... :doh:

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Boeings mum. It is great to hear about life with beagles in countries throughout the world. How is it with dogs in general in Thailand? Can you go into hotels with them? Would love to hear more about your every day life with a dog.

·
Registered
517 Posts
We have to keep Crook on a lead (long one albeit) during the day or he digs/climbs/pushes out of the yard. When we let him go in the afternoons when we get home; it is 15-20 minutes of barking, yelping, tumbling, playful biting as they chase each other around the yard at aprx 253mph. SOOooo much fun!!! And its practically EVERY day.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
I know in Hong Kong there are many restrictions to dogs. Parks has big sign saying no dogs allowed. On the street some people would even walk away from you fearing you might carry disease or something. I walked in the elevator with my sister's pekinese, very small dog. This one lady backed all the way to the corner and just watched the dog every movement. She might leap to the ceiling if anything happened. But there are lots of dog lovers. When I was in Thailand years back, I saw lots of stray dogs in the temples just wondering around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts