Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some first photo's of the new rack you hear me talking about so much in recent times.

You may notice that each and every wire and cable is marked on both ends to make it easier to trouble shoot and diagnose problems in the rack.

·
Registered
253 Posts
it looks so complicated to operate

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, these photo's are not the complete photo's. The complete and more detailed ones will come early next year however this gives a good idea of what a rack looks like in a data center and how much work is involved with building one from scratch.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Well, I have no idea what that stuff is supposed to do, but it sure looks nice! The people who built the rack at work need to take some advice from you. They've got all these long wires just ziptied everywhere! Looks good!

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Simply put, It makes all of my online communities possible with all the services needed for operating a web site and or domain.

This particular rack can handle 3,000 domain names or web sites as well as 3,000 IP addresses.

I do not have the new back up power supplies or the power distribution bays as of this time but the 2 older backup power supplies I have in line are totally adequate for what I'm doing. I just want better more efficient back up units.

The power distro units are necessary to remotely monitor the power usage and environmental information in the data center.

Full Rack Front Picture

Full Rack Rear Picture

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I just saw the rack at work today, and it looks NOTHING like this one! We only have 2 consules in it, so it looks pretty empty.

I like yours, it looks so orderly and professional! I just hope (just kidding, I know!!) that you know what each wire does

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unfortunately it didn't come with an instruction manual but I will figure it out eventually, LOL.

·
Registered
253 Posts
lol

·
Registered
253 Posts
I got it back up after the power outage today, all by myself with Sammy watching and telling the servers to Hurry Up lol. So it can't be that hard if I can do it and today isn't my best day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts