Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm Louri. I used to belong to Beagle world. I am the Quadruplet Mom, who had the female Beagle Bailey. For those that don't know, she passed away in January from a seizure dissorder. I placed her in the memorial section of the forum. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Since belonging to the forum, things have changed for us big time. Nope... no more kids /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif But my huband has had job promotion with a mega double or more in pay $$$ cha-ching. No more money worries for us /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif :thumbup: Some of you know that was a worry for us before. All things are looking great for us.

With that being said. Time has passed. The kids have been asking us if we are going to get another dog as we have been walking the neighboors 2 shitzapoos everyday. I know eventually we would, but still I hurt from the sudden loss of Bailey. But I do know we are not replacing but adding someone *new* to the family.

One thing I knew however, is that I did NOT want another Beagle... to me... they all look the same... I felt that, everytime I would look at the new dog I would see Bailey and would feel sorrow... so began my search on rescuing other breeds or smaller mixes and so on... while searching, I came across this guy, on a rescue site. He loves kids, people, everyone and anything...

Oh dear... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif I love him... he has pulled at my hearstrings, look at that face. I have e-mailed her. I plan to call her next. So I consulted my Beagle board to let them know that I was pulled back in by that sweet beaglie face. I hope this sweet boy is still available, he looks like he will be a perfect fit for our unique family.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Hi Louri!

I want to say once again that I am sorry for your sudden loss of Bailey.

There have been many times I've thought of you and wondered how you all were doing. I'm glad to hear that although we never move on from those that we have lost, that you are moving forward. It's also great to hear your money worries are long gone :thumbup: Keep us updated!

~Jamie

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope so too, I called, he is in a foster home and I got the answering machine. Oh I so hope he is still here.

The kids are growing so fast /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif This is a photo of them I took mid last month (we had a cold front) hence the long sleeves.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Louri, it's good to hear that things have gotten so much better for you. :thumbup: I know the sudden loss of Bailey was traumatic for you. Time does have a way of easing pain, though, and I'm glad you're thinking of getting another dog. Kids need one, and you probably do to. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

The beagle boy is a beauty, and I hope things work out for you and him. Do keep us posted.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Good things come to those who wait, right? :hi:

They're getting so big! They look happy and healthy :thumbup:

If that was me trying to take a picture of Ashleigh-she'll be 5 on the 27th-she'd be dirty before I could press the button on the camera :rotflmao:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Louri
If you are interested, I believe my Maggie will be having some beagle mix puppies here in the next few weeks... We arrent that far apart? I am in SE Iowa near Ottumwa-- not far from the Quad Cities.. if you want to-email me privately. They will be raised with loving family here until they are ready..
Judi and the gang
Harley (the dad)
Maggie (his daughter)
and Chopper (her boyfriend, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif )

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Louri:
Hello, I'm Louri. I used to belong to Beagle world.
Welcome home!!! I have to correct you -- you never stopped belonging to BW. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I am so glad to hear such a positive update. Just keep in mind that if the sweet beagle you are hoping to get has already found his forever home, there is another one just around the corner. Be sure to keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Louri

Welcome back

You ARE part of beagle world and always will be part of this crazy mad pack

Hope you manage to secure the lovely beagle boy you have your eye on, keep us up to date

The photos of the kids are lovely, dont they grow

Hellen

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Fingers and paws crossed for this one! Like all, the Bagel and I are so pleased with recent events in ypour life. Every dog has a personality and if you rescue this deserving beagle, you will soon just see that dog, not the pain of losing Bailey! You know you are always welcome and the Bagel and I are rooting for you and this deserving beagle.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for the wonderful welcome back. I have been over cleaning my house all afternoon since finding that advertisement like a "new mom" Nesting her House for her new arrival.

LOL :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Louri, I have thought of you so many times and am so pleased that life is going so well for you. You must miss Bailey so much but you honor her memory by rescuing another dog. So glad to see you back.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Like everyone else who has posted so far, I have thought of you often since you lost Bailey and have been hoping that things were going better - and am so happy to hear that they are!

This little guy sure does look like a cutie - I love his ticking - and I agree that there is something about his sweet face (and those eyes...) but, as you say, if he has already been adopted that is wonderful for him and that just means there is another dog out there who needs you more.

We often say beagles are like snowflakes. No one will ever replace Bailey but every one is unique and special.

Can't wait to hear how it all goes!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Louri,

Sorry, I have been away for a few days.

I'm glad to hear things are much better for you and your family. BTW, cute kids.

Keep in mind, you are not replacing Bailey, far from it. You are giving another beagle a chance at a good happy home.

I thought we were you "Beagle Board"? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Hi Laurie, I remebmer you! Goober is still a very active beag despite being nearly blind & deaf @ 15 yrs old! Homer the Huge is now responsible for the safe-keeping of my property now that it's paid for! Homer has been trained by Goober to be the guard-dog to our property & is very adept @ his job! :thumbup:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome back Louri! There's no "used to" on being a part of Beagle World...once you're here, you're here forever. I've thought about you often and wondered how you've been doing since losing Bailey. I know how much it hurts to lose your dog suddenly, but I also know how great a feeling it is when your heart is finally ready for a new one. Whatever dog you decide to go with, they will never replace Bailey. I worried about that when I got Jersey after losing my Amber girl. It was just the opposite. I took all that love I had for Amber and then some and gave it to Jersey. You'll always miss Bailey, but it somehow becomes easier when there is another dog to give that love to. I don't know if I'm explaining it right, but I hope you understand the point I'm trying to make.

As for that little guy, he's adorable. I love that ticking! If he's not available anymore, it's OK too. You'll find the right one for you and your beautiful family. Oh, and I'm very glad to hear that things are going so much better for your family now.

Good luck and let us know what happens! Welcome back!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Hi Louri, have only just seen this, although I answered over on the memorials. It is great to have you back as an active member and hope you get the beagle boy. Your children are adorable and I'm so pleased things are looking up again for you.
Angela, Susi and Snoopy :heart:

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Hi Louri, I'm such a bad BeagleWorld'er because I keep forgetting to look in this part :doh:

Any news yet on this sweet little boy?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Louri, you're back!!!!! I'm so glad things are going well for you and your family. Time heals all wounds. Well, at least it takes some of the sting out. I'm also glad that you are considering another beagle. Do let us know when you get him.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Louri!! I'm a little behind, but welcome back!! :wave: You don't know how many times I've thought of you and your family!! It's so good to hear from you, and congrats to your hubby on the promotion and raise. I know what a relief it is when you don't have so many money worries nagging at you all the time!
The little beag you found online looks wonderful! I love his "freckles" and his sweet face!! Let us know what happens!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi Louri! I am sorry for your loss. But very happy to hear that you found someone!!! :biglaugh: I thought the same thing when I lost mine, I never want another beagle, but there is something about seeing them in a horrible situation and knowing you can help them. Hope to hear lots more on the adoption.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts