Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my Girls seem to crave being touched all the time while the other rarely wants to touched (meaning cuddled). Lillie wants to sleep right beside you and Chloe wants to sleep alone on the couch. So are Beagles like humans in that some just don't like other Beagles or Humans?

·
Registered
702 Posts
My, yes!! Daisy is a combination of both. Sometimes she'll let me love her up and kiss her all over and scrub her belly and sometimes she just moves inches away from me -- like, "Mom, I just want to left alone right now".

And I respect her wishes 'cause most of the time she doesn't mind at all. I also think that there are times when she gets too warm and wants to keep cool by having no contact. I know she loves me so it's not a big deal.

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
862 Posts
Don't know about beagles though, as I have only one /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif But the other two dogs I had in the past were like that. One (a local breed) liked to be with people and enjoyed being talked to; the other (a German Shepherd mix) couldn't stand having people around longer than five minutes, except during feeding time of course /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

But Boeing the Beagle loves being hugged and kissed. He sleeps with me and is a real snuggler, too. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
540 Posts
Brandy and Cecil are both social girls. In the first few weeks, Cecil liked to fall asleep in my arms and be held. Brandy always liked it too. As they got older, Cecil loves to be rubbed and stroked and kissed on, but does not like to cuddle. She sits away next to me on the sofa. Brandy will lie down on top of you and kiss away. Cecil only kisses when one of us comes home after being away. Both love other people and love to be touched and petted. Brandy is more cautious at first, but Cecil is fearless. Cecil enjoys visiting with other dogs on the walk and mix it up by running with other dogs at the dog park. Brandy prefers loving on people and visits every person at the dog park. She likes to smell and initially say hi to other dogs, but then goes her own way at the dog park, while Cecil plays more withthe other dogs. Both like to sleep in their bedroom with the door closed at naptime and in their kennels at night. Cecil will wake Brandy up too much at night otherwise. They also open their eyes and get distracted easily if out with others when they nap and both girls really like to sleep heavy, so they don't want to lay around with us much. They enjoy being together for hours in their playpen outside during the day, but we make sure they are in for a nap by 1 and sometimes after they get up they will either play inside or go back to the playpen. When not sleeping, they still play hard at 20 months old. I think dogs and especially beagles are like people and each is different. Mine are litter sisters and different as night and day.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Miss Shiloh isn't much of a cuddler. She'll sit next to you on the sofa, and sometimes she puts a leg on my leg, which is so sweet! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif And at night, she usually likes to sleep on the bed, but she wants to stretch out in her own space, not next to anybody. (Thank goodness for king size beds!) If I reach over a pet her or put my arm over her, she lies there for a few minutes, then she will give a little snort, like "okay, that's enough" and she'll get up and move out of my reach. It's enough to give a girl a complex!! :rolleyes: Our little poodle Misty, wasn't much of a cuddler either, but the one who really wanted to be a lap dog was our big standard Coco!! A little dog in a big dog's body, I guess!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Maggie is a cuddler. Usually at night you find her in your lap and in bed she has to lay right up against you.

Jasmine will lay down on the couch but not near you and in bed she usually will only have one toe touching you.

They are both kissers :heart:

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Caleb is a glue pot beagle and has been from the start and is always stuck to my side, he loves his cuddles, if I have a bath he comes into the bath room with me and sleeps on my dressing gown and has been known to suck it like a comfort blankie, if I have a nap he comes with me, Its always been a bit of a love thing with him! Hes a bit of a sensitive flower......

Foxy is more independent but loves cuddles in the evening when shes tired normally Hannah or other OH. She offers up her head to have her ears kissed and then makes happy grunting noises. (gwenni funnily enough does the same but then Gwenni and Foxy are cousins and are from the same lines) They both also sit up like meercats and want their tummies rubbed. caleb likes his back stratched

Gwenni is just a wig wig and spends all day just wig wigging about and is not still for one moment but when tired I get all the Gwenni cuddles. I have Caleb on the left and Gwenni on the right, I have run out of arms now and when Foxy wants to join in she sits on my lap then I cant move at all.
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
My Li'l Girl isn't much of a cuddler. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif She loves for me to rub her tummy, and she likes to be in the same room as me when she's napping, but she wants to sleep in her own bed. When we adopted her, she didn't seem to know about loving human contact, so I often wonder if her previous life is a factor. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Lucky likes to cuddle with me sometimes. If he sleeps in our bed, then he cuddles right up next to bed. Otherwise, he sleeps in his own room in his bed hidden under his blankets. If I let him up on the couch while I watch TV, then he always cuddles with me. I guess he has to be tired enough to cuddle with me. He doesn't give me lots of kisses though, just other people. He sure does love to cuddle with my brother's girlfriend all the time! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts