Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey folks.

im having a problem here. i dont get reply notices via email. know what i mean? in other words, i dont get emails that let me know i have replies to any of my posts on here. can anybody tell me why? yes i do have it checked off on here and nope, its not going into my spam filter either. is this normal? can someone help me on this?

rick

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
I have it turned off in the program on the admin level, we were generating thousands of emails a day slowing the board.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I go by the last date the post was updated over on the right. I'm usually here every day, so I just look for posts since my last visit.

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
The post's icons tell you what new posts were made since your last visit.

If you make a post and want a reply and the replying person wants a reply in email as well and we have say 25 or 30 replies and they all get an email each time it is updated it generated tons of email. For example on a 25-reply thread it would be 326 emails in one post.

Now with an average of 200 posts a day in 30 threads it would average 1,956,000 emails per 24-hour period. That is a lot of email and slows our server down. Now these numbers are not exact but close to the daily traffic.

Another problem that has come up is that each email is a candid form letter stating the reply. Since most everyone here uses free email services like hotmail, yahoo, gmail, and so on the free email servers see tons of traffic coming from my server and tag me as a spammer as 99.9% of the traffic all but one line is the same each time.

This brings on another problem when people register and wait for the reply email, they thing they didn’t get one if they do not check their junk mail folder. Yahoo has black listed my email server for just this exact reason.

To cut down traffic and keep it all running faster as well as be nice to the free email people I have cut the constant email traffic down to about 2%.

I do not know what to tell you other then look for the post update icons on the left and check back on a daily basis, sorry.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I just check back every day. Usually morning and evening because I enjoy keeping up on all the discussions. I check the date and time and find its pretty easy to see whats new since the last time.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Hey, Rick... There are very few things that we do not know about beags! :thumbup: Snapper & Duke were adult /adopted beags that lived for 13 yrs but Goober is the first beag in the family that we know his actual birthday...& he will be 15 on 12 April 2007! :woohoo:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts