Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm writing this post to update you on Milla's situation!
It seems that she's going over her fear of men: this morning I had to call for the plumber (the radiators don't work properly), and when he arrived she didn't start running and panicking. She just stood in her crate watching him (it was the first time they met) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
Oh, and she did a funny thing last night, for which I'm starting to revere her as supreme head of our home :rolleyes: I was a bit late with beag dinner, so she took the dry food bag and dragged it up to their bowl. Then she turned it until the hole of it was over the bowl. And then she sat next to it waiting for me to pour the food :heart: Ain't it brilliant? I love Milla so much!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
What a clever beagle!!!!!! I tell you, its only a question of time before beagles rule!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A doghouse, this is funny because when one of the girl does something mischievous I always say to my husband that she's doing some tests for the evil beagle conquest of the world :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
2,104 Posts
WHAT A CLEVER GIRL!!! :hapfac01:
You're going to have to really watch her, she'll be into things you would never dream of!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:Originally posted by siera27:
why does Milla have a fear of men ?
We took her away from her breader by force when she was about three months old: she was the thinnest pup I have ever seen, so skinny. We noticed she was afraid of men after a week we had her, when my husband's father came to see us at home. She panicked and started running away from him. She did the same thing on Christmas Eve when my father and my brother came home, this time pooing while running. It broke my heart. We always suspected the breader beated her, so everytime she is a little less scared I feel like she's going over her past.

Yes, Beagles are so brilliant! :heart:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thats a shame - it does sound like she was beaten. My same dumb friends said the best way to raise is beagle is to beat them to show them who's the boss.

IDIOTS !!!

I found patience, and total acceptance that he is a part of this family and that certain things are off limits just like they are for my kids has worked wonderfull.

Beaten dogs only grow up to be fearfull and mistrustfull. I am happy to hear Milla is doing great and you and your husband are making her life comfortable.

Andy

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
she was beaten at only 3 months old /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif Some people just aren't meant to have dogs. that is just awful. I'm glad to hear that she is coming around with men.

as for the dog food tricks....that's one hungry beagle !!!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, some people aren't ment to have dogs, children, and a lot of other things. In these days I'm pretty much disgusted by people. I can't justify violence in any case. She was so little. And she's the sweetest dog I've ever met, and smart, and obedient. Imagining what she's been through hurts me more than I can say. And seeing her so full of life and happy, and playful is the most beautiful gift I've ever recived in my life.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by siera27:
[QB]
My same dumb friends said the best way to raise is beagle is to beat them to show them who's the boss.
/QB]
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif My question to these "friends" would be And who beat you to show you who's boss? If nobody did, I'd be glad to volunteer!! :angryfire:

I do love the story of Milla dragging her food over to her bowl. She was probably trying to figure out how to pour it into her bowl!! What a smart girl!!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Milla is one smart girl! Soon she'll be pouring her own dinner. When Caesar wants a snack he goes into the pantry and eats penne out of the box. Crunch, Crunch, Crunch.

I've had people tell me that in order to have an obedient dog I need to smack him until he yelps. I can not and will not do that. Or that I should grab him by the scruff of the neck and pull him to the ground and hold him there. Again, that's not going to happen.

I just look into his big brown eyes and want to hug and kiss him no matter what he's done! :heart:

·
Registered
983 Posts
Milla is one smart beagle!! I had to tell the girls to look away when I read this so they wouldn't get any ideas about getting their own supper. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif I am also glad she is slowly getting over her fear. It shows what a good home and t.l.c will do. Great job :happyhappy:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I agree with the other responses....Milla is super clever!!!

p.s.
I am glad you took her from her breeder when you did /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif ....!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
What a smart little girl! She can't talk, but Milla definitely let Mom know it was time for dinner. :biglaugh: As for the breeder issue, it's good that you got her away from him when you did. Heaven only knows what may have happened to that little angel if she'd stayed any longer.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you all from Milla, self-proclaimed the evil queen of the house :biglaugh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts