Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you that have poorly doggies do you ever get the feeling that all these drugs they are on could be making them worse not better and that you should just leave them alone?

Sherry is on 3 different meds now and a 4th is programmed for her in the near future and I’m starting to think she’s going to start rattling as she walks soon lol.

Until this new vet joined the surgery Sherry wasn’t on any drugs at all. Now all of a sudden it seems she’s on everything but she certainly isn’t any better than she was when she was taking nothing at all.

I’m not saying that I don’t want her to have them and that I would stop her treatment but it does make you wonder whether they really are all necessary…or am I just being silly

When I questioned the vet about the drugs he said she needed them before but because she didn't have them her body was compensating for the lack of them. Now she has them her body can relax while the drugs take over. Does that sound right?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Genie, lovely to see you back I've missed your posts.

Sherry has heart disease and cancer. She had a tumour removed from her spleen in February and so far we haven't found another one yet but it is a very aggressive type of cancer and very fast growing. As for her heart disease, well I know she has a grade 6 murmour and only one side of the heart functions properly but I'm not sure of the degree of severity.

But she's doing OK and was doing OK before she even started any drugs so that was my concern really. It's all new to me and I'm learning things as I go along. My vet is wonderful and explains everything to me but I get upset easily and depressed about it.

I hope you and Shiloh are well

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.