Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I'd rule out anything physical and then praise the heck out of her whenever she finally goes. Hopefully she is just a bashful pooper.

My Bagel was a real bashful pooper and once held it for 3 days until I learned the trick of letting him go behind a bush and boy did he talk a dump! I learned to give him a little slack on his lead and let him go around a corner of a building or behind a bush and he takes care of business. I had him for several years before he felt comfortable enough to defecate in front of me.

If I remember correctly, Dash is also rescue and she might have rescue baggage. She may not want to go even when she really has to until she learns it is OK. Patience, love and time will solve any non-physical problems.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
A lot of dogs, especially rescues in a new home, have issues going potty. I would say that strange surroundings combined with all those barking dogs around were probably a bit overwhelming. I'm glad that she finally went.

As for the bashful pooper, Jersey is one too. She will only go by the edge of the pond with her back turned to us. Even when she goes to stay with her sister in Orlando, she goes all the way to the far side of the yard and keeps her back turned. LOL!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.