Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Marley is only 8 months so hasn't seen much of it yet. He's seen it twice and he is very hesitant. Heck, this dog jumps over puddles, refusing to get his feet wet so I cannot imagine how he would be with a lot of snow.

I think it does hold scents well though because he puts his nose straight to it to smell, goes a little nuts.

·
Registered
324 Posts
We had a "small" chance for snow Friday night . Nothing like what some of you have. I was really hopeing it would. I would like to see how Shiloh would react with snow. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's snowing like crazy here at the moment. They'll really enjoy going out tomorrow morning!!
Here they are after a good "romp" in the snow!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Gage loves it. Unfortunately for him we don't have a lot right now.

Those are great pictures. The last one is my favorite too. How many beagles do you have?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, they do choose to sleep like that. Their "bed" is a "garden tub" - I have two of them that I use for "whelping boxes" when we have pups. Many "breeders" use kiddie swimming pools, but these tubs, while more expensive, are also more durable. They're sturdy, little pups can't crawl out, and they're easily cleaned. When I don't have "babies", the "big kids" like to sleep in them. However, there are TWO - but you'll notice they're all piled into ONE. The 2nd one is just inches from that one. Silly beagles! When they're not sleeping in the "black boxes", they're sleeping on the futon - all piled up together in one big beagle pile. I guess they're comfortable, they do it all the time :toofunny:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Eleanor - thank you! I wish I could get ALL of them in one shot, but with ten, that's almost impossible.

Here's MY Chloe - who is the light of my life! I've had dogs all my life (and I'm almost 69), but NEVER have I had one so BONDED with me as Chloe.
She's shown here with the "baby", Angel - who is just about 9 months old. Chloe weighs about 17# - not sure about Angel - she hasn't been to vet for a while - since her last shots. Chloe is my "tiny beagle".

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Your furbabies are adorable and I love the snow pictures. I think it's normal for the pack to sleep all huddled up together like that. When I bought the girls individual beds they just squeezed themselves tightly into one bed even though it was way too small for 2 dogs.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Lucy and Flora love the snow -- good thing around here. They bury their noses and sniff around in the snow, and when they look up, little snow piles are on their noses. The funniest, though, is how quickly they do this when it's cold. It was 10 below this weekend, and they still went sniffing after pottying, but on fast forward. I wish I had it on video for you, but that is not one of my skills....

Thanks to the rest of you for sharing your pictures -- so cute!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Snow pictures are the fun-nest!!!
I wish I had my camera handy last night--the girls just zooming around outside--it was in the teens! they have such bad cabin fever right now, but it's been so snowy and soooo cold.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts