Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
The colour of the nose on my 5 month old girl has started to change from black to pink. I have read that this is caused by the cold winter and could be a sympton called snow nose. Has anyone ever heard of this, does effect her health, can i treat it?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
From everything that I have read it is nothing to worry about and it doesn't hurt them at all. I just did some quick research because until reading your post I had never heard of this. From all the articles I've read it seems that the color will return in the warmer months.

·
Registered
786 Posts
This is what happens to my Jasmine. In the winter months her nose gets patches of pink and in the summer it goes back to black/brown. I asked the vet why this happens and he couldn't explain it other than he does see it happen and not to worry.

Maybe I should have someone knit her a nose mitten?

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
My first beagle Benny had a noise color change. It was a brownish pink color and then got to be more tan pink as he got older.

·
Registered
20 Posts
We were only discussing this the other day when we noticed that Bella's nose had changed colour. When we first brought her home it was black and now it is pink!!...Well, pinkish brown.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Can't help - Chloe's nose is liver pink to begin with. But I do know dogs that changed nose color as they grew older.
It's nothing to worry about.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
OK, I just asked the folks on my Israeli dog forum, and apparently it's known to be associated with their bowls. Plastic bowls (water and food) react with the water and release molecules that cause this.
This is why it's recommended to feed in metal bowls. Maybe that will help you (and the nose).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts