Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if you know that I am in the process of training Snoopy to be a registered therapy dog, but I took him to work with me yesterday so he learnes to be calm in different environments.

I told all my fellow employees to make sure he sits and remains sitting before being greeted or petted.

He is such a fast learner. In the span of an hour he learned to sit beside the person he wants to pet him instead of jumping up or nuzzling their hands.

He simply went around the office picking and choosing who would be the next to give him attention, without demanding it of course. He didn't even jump up on anybody once!!!

He was such a cutie, everybody loved him.

·
Registered
147 Posts
So happy to hear that you are training Snoopy for this wonderful job! My grandfather was in a nursing home after his stroke and I remember his face lighting up when the animals were around...

Regal has recently started obedience and the place we take him offers the canine good citizen which is one of the first steps if planning any therapy dog work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.