Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
poor Snoopy has had another attack of a trapped nerve in his neck. We had to go to emergency today and they gave him an injection for the pain. Tomorrow we'll go to our vet and see what he says, maybe have more Xrays done- the last were over a year ago during the first attack. We have his basket in the lounge as he cant jump up on the couch, Susi is like a mum to him and has curled up in the basket.
Meanwhile, if I can get it to work, here is a photo taken a month ago on the couch.
It didnt work, at least it cut off Susi's face.
It worked this time!

Attachments

·
Registered
865 Posts
What a sweet picture! I hope Snoopy is well soon. It sounds like Susi will be the perfect nurse while Snoopy recuperates. Gentle belly rubs from us to Snoopy.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Poor, Snoopy. I know that's painful.
Hopefully, he'll be feeling better soon. That's a sweet picture. Susi & Snoopy's devotion to each other is so touching.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Poor Snoopy, he's really had his trials hasn't he. But he looks to have a great nurse in Susie. Sending hugs (gentle of course) and beagle kisses his way.

Cathy
Casie and cobi's mom

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Snoopy .

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
I never get tired of seeing and hearing about those two special beagles, Angela.

I feel for poor Snoopy but with Susi there and his two wonderful parents to care for him, I know he will be better soon.

Good luck tomorrow.

~Denise

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Poor Snoopy. What causes that problem to occur? Are beagles more prone to this? Tell Susi we think she is a wonderful nurse.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks all. We have an appointment at 5pm, so shall update later. Snoopy is still crying but not as much as yesterday. He can walk about but holds his head low and his rear end is hunched and stiff. The vet yesterday said this was typical of a trapped nerve.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
That is the same thing that Bear the red doxie that belongs to Aunt Claudia & Uncle Ted came down with! Bear
is still a young dog at under 7 yrs, but he has contracted
calcification of the neck much like his very much older
& long dead Snapper & Goober did as they died from calcificaton of the spine!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We went to our vet and feel much better. He is so good and was able to reassure us that it is not life threatening. He gave Snoopy an injection after examining him properly. The spine is fine, it is the neck, a nerve gets trapped.There is not much they can do, if it doesnt get worse it shouldnt be a big problem. So we have tablets for the next three days. Snoopy is already a lot better. More important is his heart. It is still the same, no worse at least. Poor Snoopy is only 8 (9 in April) but looks a lot older at the moment. Susi made a big fuss of him when we got back to the car. It is a pleasure to watch these two.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts