Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope it will turn out to be nothing, but poor Snoopy has been sick now since this morning. He vomited whilst out walking and then peed blood. Susi is nursing him, wont leave him alone, and Snoopy is just sleeping. I hope to be able to report tomorrow that he is fit again. It does worry one when a beloved pet is sick. Hope he has just eaten something bad. He was chewing on a stick in the garden yesterday. If things are not better by the morning we are off to the weekend emergency vet.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We cant relax, so are off to the vet now, poor old Snoopy looks very poorly, but it could be something simple as he is begging for food!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well with Snoopy! Perhaps he has a bladder infection? I hope it is something easy to cure and nothing serious. Extra Beagle kisses to him from us.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I do hope Snoopy is back to normal tomorrow. The peeing blood is something our Traveler did when he had the bladder infection last winter. I hope the vet's visit pinpoints the problem.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Fingers and paws crossed here that whatever is wrong with Snoopy will turn out to be something that the vet can fix quickly!

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Poor Snoopy. Maggie felt pretty poorly with a bladder infection/elevated liver enzymes last week. It's amazing how sick they can get with a bladder infection.

I hope Snoopy comes back with good news, good medicine and we are sending him lots of belly rubs from across the pond. :heart:

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Poor Snoopy. How scary. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Keep us posted, Angela.

~Denise

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
feel better soon Snoopy !!!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Snoopy is definitely in our thoughts. Hope he gets to feeling better soon!

·
Registered
667 Posts
How is Snoopy? I hope it is nothing more than a bladder infection.....Please keep us updated!!

Manda and Snoops

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The vet thinks it is a bladder infection but as there was no more blood in the urine he didnt treat it.. As Snoopy is eating normally and keen to go for walks, we dont think it can be serious. We shall go to our own vet tomorrow, to make sure. He doesnt seem to be in pain.
Those of you whose beagles have had bladder infections, how long did they last? Were they also sick (vomiting)? Snoopy has stopped vomiting, but seems to have difficulty peeing.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Snoopy is still a young beag, is he not? Duke... for 13yrs ,(adopted age)was the first one we have owned that had a urilogical problem...but that was his "secondary problem". He suddenly went into a seizure & in the vet's care could not urinate even with a catheter in place! "It must have been his time", as it was very sudden & the poor boy had pulled the catheter out by himself as if it was his time to die! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif The odd thing is that despite his insatiable thirst, he lived a very full life) & helped us raise Goober & Rufus as the elder beag in the family :thumbup: ! And to his credit, he still holds the record as the friendliest beag towards other dogs & cats...but he could "roar like a lion" in his deep voice if a stranger entered the property! :holyshit:

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
Your updated posts sounds very encouraging that there is nothing terribly serious going on. Best thoughts from here for a complete and speedy recovery.

Happy walkies, Snoops!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
When Traveler had the bladder infection, we didn't realize it until he was straining to pee, and nothing much was coming out. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif He didn't vomit, and his appetite was just fine.

The vet(s) put him on a strong dose of Baytril, and he was in good shape in a week or so.

Your regular vet can probably give you the best guidance. Hopefully, Snoopy will recover quickly, too.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Coming in late on this ... I should have started at the end as the update sounded much better. Baytril has worked wonders for Maggie's UTIs -- she does have some gastro side effects but less than with other antibiotics. I give it with food. Let us know how Snoopy's vet visit goes. Hugs!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts