Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally had time to do this!!

The first 3 are of them now, the last one I posted before, but is of Snoopy being jealous of the bone Marbles has in his crate!

Manda

Attachments

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Great pictures. I love the last one. Thanks for sharing. Your babies are beautiful.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Remembering how Snoopy didn't really like Marbles at first, that second picture is adorable....

They ARE beautiful /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/doh00000.gif

·
Registered
865 Posts
Oh, they are so adorable!! As a newbie who is about to add a second Beagle to her pack, may I ask, how long did it take before they liked each other??? I am a little worried about that here and to make me worry more, I have a 16 month old who will want to be right in the middle of them!!! Would love to hear your experience!!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Oh lovely!!! I knew they would be friends in the end. That second one is just how I imagined they would be. Beautiful pictures of beautiful beagles.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Toby and Lucky,
We wanted to get a second beagle for Snoopy for 2 years and we had to re-locate to Cali, so as soon as I got here I started looking. It took a few months for us to settle in then we decided to get Marbles.

At first, Snoopy, who was the center of attention and a rescue, was VERY jealous...partly b/c Marbles was 6 months and we gave him more attention b/c we had to..walk him more, watch him all the time b/c he chews a lot.

Now they do zoomies everywhere. Snoopy still has some jealousy, esp with the pig ears and raw hides, wants what Marbles has even though I give them the same thing..hehe..

But overall it took only about 3 weeks for Snoopy to realize Marbles was here for good, and now that Marbles is 10 months and older, they play a lot more.

Jealousy is still an issue, but we are working with it and it is only at certain times.

Good luck with getting your 2nd beagle..we are so glad we did!!

Amanda, Snoopy, Marbles

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
So glad Snoopy and Marbles are getting along well now - I think it just takes a little time for them to realize that any human attention they may lose because of the new arrival is more than outweighed by the benefits of having a playmate around 24/7!

Has Snoopy's anxiety improved now that Marbles is firmly established on the scene? I hope that is the case...

·
Registered
865 Posts
Thanks, Pegasus! I appreciate you passing along your experience!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lick.gif It sounds like Snoopy and Marbles have come a long, long way in their relationship. So glad things are working out -- you are a great beagle Mommy!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts