Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
As in my previous post, there will be an addition to my dog family in April.

My question is:

What name do you like better:
Snooky or Sneeker?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think the dog him/herself will almost decide for you. I considered a few names for my guy (his previous name was Ike, which did NOT work) but Oreo just fit him.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I picked Sneeker, but I'd probaly end up calling him Snooky-sneek, or Sneeky-snook, or who knows what. So It wouldn't much matter.
We have a Sadie, who I call Sade-a-bee, or Bee-da-bee, which started out as Sadie-baby, when she was a puppy. My brother goes with the more formal approach, and just calls her, Miss-Bee.

Looks like we'll be getting another one that already goes by the name of Bebe...

.............Not sure how that's all gonna work.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I went to the shelter with a short list of names for both males and females before I adopted Henry and none fit him. In fact, I was not a fan of the name Henry at all, but after Mom suggested it, it seemed to fit him and it grew on me. By the next day there wasn't much I could do about it, because he was responding so enthusiastically to it. Now I love it and wouldn't change it for the world. Incidentally, I've always wanted to name a dog after a favorite place, author, or something in another language. After Henry had been with us a few weeks my dad pointed out how much I love Henry David Thoreau's work, so it must have been meant to be.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
We have never had preconcieved names for my dogs. We meet them and try to see what name fits their personality.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Murphy:</span> He lived up to Murphy's Laws from day one. Any thing can and will go wrong...
<span style="font-weight: bold">Summer:</span> She was as happy and bright as a summer's day when we met her.
<span style="font-weight: bold">Kali:</span> Named after a character Kaylee from the movie Serenity and the series Firefly. She was small, innocent, cute and very smart.

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Originally Posted By: Joe BeaglesWe have never had preconcieved names for my dogs. We meet them and try to see what name fits their personality.
<span style="font-weight: bold">Kali:</span> Named after a character Kaylee from the movie Serenity and the series Firefly. She was small, innocent, cute and very smart.
let me just say that its ten kinds of cool that she was named after a character in serenity
sooo awesome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts