Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading about Hilary's Holly, made me laugh,and think of my sneaky beag,10 month old, Phoebe.
Today while on the phone, four times I stopped and said "Phoebe! what have you got? Drop it!" Within a 10 minute conversation, I confiscated a chewed on hair curler, a magazine(being drug across the floor), dryer lint(she pulled from the edge of the dryer door, and Jazzy's metal dog bowl! All of this to the great delight of that little tri-colored brat! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
Anyone else got a sneaky beag tale?

·
Registered
333 Posts
YES!!! Badger is a sneaky weasel as I like to call him! I was reading the Sunday paper yesterday and within a 5 min time period if that...he stole the plastic which the paper came in, the inside plastic liner of the paper and then finally the Kohls paper! Keep in mind I buried the plastic a basket along with the Kohls paper! I guess that was my poor attempt to beagle proof something! ha ha ha

Oh he also is in this big kick of stealing anything and everything from my dirty laundry basket! He looks at me..I tell him NO...he looks again...NO I tell him once more and then ZOOM he goes for it and runs down the stairs!! Little bugger!! He's my tri-color holy terror, but I love him!

Oh and while all this is happening Bella just looks at him like it's not me and you're gonna be in trouble!!! :evilgrin:

·
Registered
326 Posts
7am in the morning when you wake up the back security door banging and the doggy door making noise. You get up to see a beag on one side pulling and another on the other side pushing trying to "sneak" a cushion off the lounge outside! They stop pretty quickly and run away. I swear Sally puts Leia on the pushing side on purpose because then she's the one that gets the smack! And Sally just runs away outside and laughs. Little turds.

They also steal the bath mat while you're in the shower, steal socks from the washing basket while you're taking CLEAN clothes off the line.

:rotflmao:

Without a beag... life would be boring /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

(... Erin)

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
The girls are sock fanatics and will steal them from the laundry but are pretty good.

Gwenni likes cardboard toilet roll tubes.

And Caleb, well he'll steal anything. He likes to sneak upstairs and steal Hannahs cuddly snoopy toys.

He'll bin raid and likes to chew paper, pens, really anything the naughty boy can grab and then parade round with as if to say look at me!

He was a very naughty puppy, he still thinks he is a giant puppy, nearly 4!

His latest naughty trick is barking at 6am every morning. He makes the girls tired and they lay there all sleepy. and spend the rest of the day catching up with there snoozes.

We would'nt change him he would not be Caleb without the mischevious behaviour. he is a very innocent little boy in his nature.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Hellen Louise:
His latest naughty trick is barking at 6am every morning.
This is Sherry's naughty trick too, she goes out the dog door at 6am and barks at the squirrels. Last night I locked the dog door to see if that helped but she still woke up at 6am and woke me by scratching at the dog door to go out :hi:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Snoopy likes to steal whatever he can and drag it out into the backyard. His favourite is the couch cushions. They are velcroed onto the couch but he pulls them off and drags them out into the rain or onto the vegie patch..somewhere filthy and wet. He also steals the tea towels and does the same thing.
He thieves things off the 2 year olds highchair...food of course....so dinner times I have to lock him in the bathroom or outside.
He also likes to bring is old yucky bone inside and yesterday he dragged a wet bag of organic chook poop fertilizer inside...gotto love him though :rotflmao:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jersey sounds a lot like Caleb. I tell everyone that Jersey is a kleptomaniac. She is always stealing something! Shoes, dryer sheets, socks, magazines, toilet paper rolls, tissues, napkins off the table as we eat, kitchen towels, pot holders... Pretty much anything. Then she runs under the bed with her new "treasure". She's gotten better as she's gotten older, but she's still quite mischievious. She's such a bad Beagle sometimes! But, she makes life interesting and I wouldn't want her any other way. I love her just the way she is.

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by jen-n-jersey:
Jersey sounds a lot like Caleb. I tell everyone that Jersey is a kleptomaniac. She is always stealing something! Shoes, dryer sheets, socks, magazines, toilet paper rolls, tissues, napkins off the table as we eat, kitchen towels, pot holders... Pretty much anything. Then she runs under the bed with her new "treasure". She's gotten better as she's gotten older, but she's still quite mischievious. She's such a bad Beagle sometimes! But, she makes life interesting and I wouldn't want her any other way. I love her just the way she is.
Oh My God. She just sounds like the female version of Caleb right to a T. I would not change him at all, he is hilarious.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Maggie steals anything she can reach. She will stand as tall as she can and use her paw to reach. She doesn't hide with her treasures though, she likes to make sure the owner of the item knows she has it before she runs, tail wagging and laughing at us. Yesterday, I let her in from the back yard without checking first and she raced through the door with the empty shell of the pad from a cat bed. Evidently someone left it within her reach, she tore a hole and unstuffed the cushion all over the patio. Then she ran inside with the empty shell and shook it while running through the house growling.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Sneaky, Eh? Well...I'd say it is a "tie" between Snapper stealing the anchovies we used as bait & Goober "Sneak-eating" my submarine sandwitch without pulling it off the kitchen counter! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif :rolleyes: :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Calvin is sneaky! He watches every move I make with an innocent look....then when he thinks nobody is watching, he makes a dash for whatever item he wants to steal.

Maggie is NO sneak! She just dashes and grabs right in front of me......she's an 'honest' thief, probably 'cause she can run so fast, nobody can catch her. :lol2:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Baxter is ALWAYS finding something to get into. Today I thought he was sleeping along with the rest of the boys. I went upstairs to get a drink, I come back down to find my cup of chili on the bed. Baxter quickly ran away, laid down, and closed his eyes like he was sleeping. His reaction was CUTE! The mess? NOT SO MUCH. haha.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Belle isn't so much a sneak, as an opportunist. As soon as I get distracted, she knows how to make her move. Either for the food I am holding, or the food I'm not quick enough to stop her from getting. My new policy is one eye for what I'm doing, one for the Beagle

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Chloe is sneaky.... she is a real thief!!! Socks, newspapers, school books!!!!!!!!!!!!!, food (when I set the table), anything she can get her paws on, I'm telling you they are sneaky.
When she steals something, If I see her, she is trying to run away with it, but usually gives up. If I don't see her, I need to look for it throughout the apartment, she buries everything and hides everything!!!
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
And again, as the others said: I wouldn't change her one bit! :heart:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I posted this story under another topic but BOY does it fit here! Today I walked in the kitchen to find LADY ON THE KITCHEN COUNTER! How did she get up there???????? She knew she was in trouble the minute she saw me and she jumped down and ran to get in "timeout" with out me even telling her! It was SO funny I wasn't even mad at her! (good thing there wasn't any food left out!) :biglaugh:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Zeus will take anything that is not nailed down and try really hard to take the things that are. My husbands pillow seems to be his favorite thing to steel. I don’t know how he dose it but in the middle of the night he manages to get away from my sleeping husband and out the doggie door to roll with it in the dirt for a while!

Today he stole and shredded a paper towel I told him he was a bad boy and he went hid in the blinds by the sliding glass door. When I got close to him he rolled on his back as to say “I am soooo sorry mom, pet my belly!”

What a ham.

·
Registered
96 Posts
So many stories of doggie-door antics! :rotflmao: It makes me glad that Myra has to beg in order to go outside. She isn't into thieving anything but underwear yet, but I can only imagine what she will get away with when she gets a little older and wiser. I leave way too many things on tables at beagle-height, it's time for me to start investing in bar tables throughout the house! :lol2:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well I was not impressed with Snoopy this morning. I'd bought a nice book for my brother's birthday and had it on the kitchen counter ready to wrap up. Came in the room a little later- the books dust cover was on the floor....always a bad sign....book was outside soggy on the lawn totally mangled.....grrrrrr....bro's getting a gift card instead now :angryfire:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.