Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even tho I give my beagle Charlie a bath every few months he still smells.The smell has tranferred itself to both the furniture and carpet. I have tried everything from scrubbing the carpet to using all kinds of sprays. Can anyone give me some advice to getting the smell out. Patty

·
Registered
889 Posts
Hmm... buy a leather couch
Just kidding! Honestly I don't know what to tell you about getting it out of the furniture other than to maybe have them and the carpet steam cleaned. You may want to start giving Charlie a bath more frequently too. We try to give ours a bath two times a month, but it depends on the weather and how much they've been outside, etc.

Good luck, keep us posted!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Well, with 3 beagles I feel like I am constantly cleaning! We don't bathe ours too often unless they get into something which is when they are particularly stinky!
Frequent vacuuming and Febreeze help as well as this Arm and Hammer baking soda powder for pet odors that I swear by for the furniture!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Charlie does not smell like a dog or no strong smell at all, however I heard that sometimes it can be from a pets teeth or anal glands if they are not rolling in anything? I don't know if it's true or not perhaps people have experienced this.

·
Registered
106 Posts
dont forget beagles have a strong hound smell so they will smell more than other dogs. at first i could always smell them but now i think i am used to it

but even straight after a bath, i could still put my nose to them and get a strong doggy smell

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.