Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please feel free to add to the list. I have found a few things that keep Molly challenged and entertain her, especially on rainy days.

- a water bottle with the cap on with a treat inside. They will roll it and chew to try and get the treat. Just always keep an eye on them because of the plastic.

- take a handful of kibble and toss it!! You can do this in the kitchen, the yard or a porch. They really go on the hunt.

- a kong toy filled with peanut butter - mmmmmm. Molly loves those!

- a tupperware bowl. Basic and fun to push and carry around.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Banjo goes nuts over a 2 liter bottle.

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally Posted By: Chloe's MommyYou forgot the number one obsession: tennis balls
That would keep Chloe busy for hours....
Molly loves her tennis ball too! I have one that has a tiny rattling thing in it and she goes crazy for that one.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I give Daisy the caps to my bottled water. She tosses them up in the air for herself to catch and chase. She *really* loves the big plastic tops to shaving cream, and plays with them like they're the bestest toy ever. I'm glad she likes this sort of thing because I got tired of her disemboweling a stuffed toy 20 seconds after I gave it to her!

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Stuffed toys still rank number one in Maggie's world. I pick them all up and put them away, and she pulls them all out again and scatters them throughout the house. Keeps her entertained for hours! LOL

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I find that with the stuffed toys, if I put them away in her toy basket and let her pick them out when she wants to, she is much more interested than in having them all over the place.

Since its 1,000 degrees out and we are all stuck inside, I am finding lots of things for her to do!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Does anything that's not theirs qualify - LOL!!! That's Lucky, he wants absolutely anything that isn't his!

Since Lucky likes to steal laundry, my husband took one of his long athletic socks and tie three knots down it. Lucky loves it! Both mine love plastic and cardboard. Every once in a while I will let them take something like the cardboard from the tp or paper towel roll and tear it to shreds! They like to make ticker tape parades out of a roll of tp if they can steal one and hide from mom long enough to get it properly shreded!!! LOL!

If you are thinking, gee, her dogs sound like real terrors! Well, you would be right!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Molly likes to steal the dish towel and run around crying with it if I am busy and (heaven forbid) ignoring her!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Duke's favorite thing is to take the toilet paper and run through the house with it still attached to the roll! His longest so far is to stretch it about 30 feet. We try to discourage this behavior, but it's hard when we're all laughing so much.

He also loves ice. When he hears the icemaker in the door, he runs in the kitchen and waits for us to give him a cube. Silly beagle!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Dixie is currently playing with a clean dish rag I just pulled out of the dryer.

Wait til it's dirty and she has even more fun! lol

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Molly thinks that my socks are a good play toy but I am trying to discourage that one.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Zbój loves his 0.5L plastic bottles - they entertain him in the car, at work and at home...

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Remember when I said tennis balls?

This is half of Chloe...
the rest of her is under the TV stand, looking at her ball....
she can't reach it. That lasted about 20 minutes before I caved and got if for her

·
Registered
220 Posts
Monty loves to play with ice cubes. he also loves to chew on the dining room chairs, but obviously i'm trying to discourage that! I'm going to try the treat in a water bottle, sounds like he'd love that!

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I love the half-Chloe!! Mommy always rescues toys for Molly when she wants them really bad.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts