Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This little guy is in Richmond, Virginia.

My brother-in-law Chris, received this one and sent it to me. Just a small beagle who was picked up and is now looking for a home.

I do not know any details or contact information at this time but if anybody has any interest in this smiley little fellow, I can hook you up.

Contact me, Denise, @ [email protected]

<span style="font-weight: bold">Look at the smile on this little guy!</span>

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Denise, would you like for me to cross post this on Beagle Bay??

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I cross posted on Beagle Bay. Don't know if we have anyone near there - but you just never know. We've had a lot of beagles adopted by posting them on the Bay. He is adorable!!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Then I'll keep my fingers AND toes crossed! Never say never, right?
Thanks Glenda!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Beagle Bay, like Beagle World, has a LOT of very caring members. One of our members, Joanie (the one who is trying to get help with the lemon beagle) is a wonderful lady - and she'd take EVERY dog up for adoption if she could - even if it's NOT a good fit for her. She has such a big heart - she adopted a beagle I fostered for a friend, and when I was sick a few years ago and needed to downsize my pack because I couldn't care for all of them, she took my Buddy and Bailey. Since then she's taken in several other rescues - including a blind beagle - who since had to be pts (through no fault of his own, he bit a child), and a beagle cross who was going to be euthanized because of heartworms (that dog is now well and happy), her latest is another blind beagle. Her city has a 3 pet limit - and they were going to force her to get rid of some of her dogs - but we did a blitz to the city council and it's on hold for now. Joanie's kindness extends to everyone - she is truly a role model for me. I hope this little guy finds a GOOD forever home VERY soon. He is sooooo cute - and what a SMILE!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Glenda,

It sounds like this world needs more people like Joanie. Bless her. Keep us posted on that city council issue...I realize that there are reasons for some laws about this kind of thing but I also feel like sometimes it should be handled on a case-by-case basis. If the dogs are well cared for and clean and there are no health issues present, the animals and the person should be left alone.

I plan on sending some money for the little lemon beagle girl. She's going to make somebody a wonderful companion. Thanks for posting about it.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
On behalf of Joanie, and the little lemon beagle girl, thank you. There are health problems with some of Joanie's dogs, but they all get the best care. Joanie has her plate full - she was diagnosed with brain cancer several years ago - she and her husband were planning to go to Vancouver BC to pick up a rescue doxie, then come here and pick up the beagle girl I was fostering, when she went for a physical and it was discovered she had a tumor. She underwent surgery, radiation and chemo and is now cancer free. Her husband, Ron, has MS and is confined to a wheel chair, and she is his caregiver, but she always has time to help others (including ME). Joanie's dogs are all spoiled rotten - and cared for with love. I am honored to call her my friend.
Again, thank you! I hope that adorable little guy gets a forever home SOON. He reminds me of my JoJo - who always has a smile like that!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow...what inspirational people Joanie and Ron are! If they can do what they do to help animals, surely myself and others who don't have limitations as they do, can help.

I put my check in the mail today for the little lemon beagle girl. When people like the one who turned this little girl in to the vet come in, it's too bad that the vet staff can't press a button and open a trap door for them to tumble into. Then those bad people can never hurt defensless animals or people again. Strong words but it says what I feel.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Some city ordinances are just plain STUPID. I live in a small town - we have NO limit on the number of dogs you can have - HOWEVER, the noise ordinance in town is 24/7. It seems to only pertain to dogs though - the neighbors' cats can yowl outside my window at 4 am - but if my dogs bark in the middle of the day (and I don't mean bark incessently for hours) for 5 minutes, I can expect a visit from the local police. I try to bring them in as SOON as they start barking (of course, again, it's okay if the the neighborhood cats come in my yard, or their dogs run loose - which makes my dogs bark), but sometimes it takes me a couple of minutes to get out to the front yard to round them up and bring them in. My house is 3 stories - my family room is in the basement, which means I have to run upstairs, through the house and outside to get them to come in. At 69, I'm not as FAST as I used to be - and with arthritis in my back, neck and shoulders, it's not always easy for me to get upstairs in 5 seconds. I've never complained about their kids or their dogs or their cats - but they surely don't mind complaining about my dogs. I don't like hearing them bark incessently either, but I don't see that 2 minutes of barking is going to kill anyone.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Glenda,

It sounds as though you've been singled out because of your 9 beags. It's like a big bullseye, I'm sure.

Keep a log of all of the other noises and have it poised and ready to use if needed.

Some people just stink!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Denise-
Any idea what this beagle is like? I was cleared to adopt Frances, but I feel that her being so timid won't work for me (I go between my apartment and my parent's house often, and I'm not sure that will be good for her). Do you know anything about this guys temperment, habits, etc.?
Thank you!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts