Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

My wife was taking Marley out today and noticed that she had a small streak of blood on the outside of her stool. She said that it happened once last week as well.

We'll be taking Marley to the vet for her second checkup and vac rounds, but was just wanting to make sure this isn't anything we should be worried about. Marley turned 11 weeks old this past Friday.

Also, she is very energetic and playful...so not sure if it could be parvo. She was diagnosed with roundworms, but has been on medication since she was 9 weeks old.

Any suggestions or cases that we should be looking into?

Thanks,
Cody & Kate

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Couple of thoughts -- if Marley is straining when she poops, then blood could be from that. Also, if she drips any urine when she poops (a common co-occurrence), then blood could actually be in urine, not stool. Definitely something you should make notes about (frequency, amount, etc.) so you will have all that info when you go in for Marley's check-up. My vet always chuckles at my lists but he has gotten used to them and it prevents me getting home and realizing I forgot to mention something or ask a question. If blood increases in frequency or amount, you shouldn't wait until visit.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I would keep an eye on everything. As Judy said, if the amoung of blood or frequency increases, don't wait until the next vet visit. Take her immediately.

Chloe sometimes has a small dot of blood she passes with her stool, but as far as I can remember, it's either when she has diarrhea and is straining (which happens when she gets into something she shouldn't be eating) or just one little bright drop of blood, which usually is indicative of a small sore that cleared.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts