Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
I am still having difficulty navigating BW. It's so slow that I give up. Problems could be my computer (it's 7 years old) or this darned Norton 360 that I've recently installed. Now I find out that it takes up alot of memory.

But not everything is as slow as BW.

Very frustrating...I'm out of the loop for now.

~Denise

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Genie has emailed me that she hasn't been able to access BW, and if she does finally get on, it takes so long to navigate that she gives up. She also said that she wasn't having the same problem with other sites. :conf12:

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Well....I checked with my computer genius(my daughter) my problem is not the BW, it is the Micro Soft Window Vista that we newly purchase, it has BUGS! They are trying hard to fix the problem, maybe so, mean while my daughter gave me some magic computer wordings(%&*#@), once I punch those combination, it is like a magic, restart the computer than wala. :biglaugh: so much I know about computer.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Vista sucks, plain and simple. I got lucky and was able to buy a new computer right before Vista was mandetory, but i can upgrade to Vista if i want to.

Of course it required my computer to (for some reason) fall into afew pieces! lol

As for getting on, it is fast for me, but then again i don't use internet explorer or any of the normal programs that is being used by most internet users.

Plus i nipped alot of useless stuff out of the computer making it faster.

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
You can still buy XP anyware and install it on a new computer that comes with Vista. And yes it does suck.

If you are tired of Microsoft try Linux.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by JAISP Tech:
You can still buy XP anyware and install it on a new computer that comes with Vista. And yes it does suck.

If you are tired of Microsoft try Linux.
Or an Apple /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I actually use a Mac or a PC (xp), the best of both worlds.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
I can only visit Beagle World at work for now. As Sandy says, at home it's so slow loading for me that I just give up. But Sandy has been doing some great detective work and has found that at least 3 of us experiencing problems have Cox.net as our server. Hopefully this will shed a little light on the mystery.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I use Vista, and don't have a problem. Only had a little problem for a few hours a couple of weeks ago, nothing serious....
But XP is more stable....

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I'm not having problems, thank goodness. Like Madison 069, I bought a new computer just before Vista was the only thing one can get. As a matter of fact, I had bought a machine with Vista and returned it because I started having problems immediately. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Servers can definitely cause problems. When I got this computer my old server conflicted so badly that I had to change servers. Shortly thereafter, the wonderful man from Windstream went out of his way to arrange for DSL for me. :woohoo:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Chloe's Mommy:
I use Vista, and don't have a problem. Only had a little problem for a few hours a couple of weeks ago, nothing serious....
But XP is more stable....
The main thing i hated about Vista was it couldn't process 2+2 without freezing the computer up.

I do alot of surfing, mainly school work for researchs, and also chat with people around the world. Along with watching videos that get posted.

Cox was causing alot of problems around here also, but we got Suddenlink now and i love the new high speed cable service they have!

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Folks, Vista is driving me nuts....no choice now, I spent $1000 on it and I'm stuck with it until they improve, my daughter said they will just upgrade on their side. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif
Sometimes what I would do is, start the computer, walk away for a cup of coffee do my chores, come back, maybe it is ready, if not do the magic code! :hi: Patience, patience patience!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts