Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, as we were getting ready to take the dogs out for their before-bed pee, Popcorn went off into the closet, brought out Marc's slippers, and then deposited them at his feet. And even though we were going outside, Marc put them on and went out in them... it was just SOOOOO sweet.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Awww, what a good Beagle! Popcorn just wanted to make sure daddy was nice and comfy. :hi: Did you ever teach him to retrieve slippers or did he just do it all on his own?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately we really haven't progressed much with Popcorn's training beyond "go to bed" and "sit" - and even "sit" doesn't really work unless the other two are there and she sits because they do... She came up with the slipper retrieving 100% on her own!

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Awww...Charlie would only swoop up my slippers and ran :animal18: and with me after him telling him to "drop it", sometimes he'll listen, he likes me running after him. Funny only MY slippers.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Yes, Charlie mom, Maggie is the same way. Grab a shoe or slipper, make sure the owner sees her with it and then run like crazy. Unfortunately for me sometimes I can't help laughing so now it is a game to Maggie. I have had pretty good luck getting her to put it down and get a toy if she thinks I will play with her.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Sweet, adorable, forget that. Its a freakin miracle is what is. A Beagle that dosen't eat a slipper? Its never been seen before :rotflmao:

Beagles never cease to amaze us with their impromptu thinking.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Perhaps he wanted Mark to have slippers on because he had something mischevious in mind and figured the slippers would prevent his daddy from running after him full-speed! :evilgrin: Then the plan was scratched at the last minute.

Just kidding...I think that must have been precious. Just when you think you can't love them more.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts