Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
I'd be mad too! Not just because our dog annoyed someone to the point of calling the dog po-po, but because our neighbors didn't have the guts to talk to us first. Fortunately, we talk to our neighbors frequently and if there was a problem I think they would say something. Bodie is pretty good when he's outside. And yes he does occasionally get into a barking/howling mood. But it's usually when we're home and he wants our attention. I think during the day when we're gone at work he's good.

One of our neighbors who lives a block away have a Beagle (Patches) that Bodie plays with frequently. The owner was telling me she had animal control called on her last weekend because her dog was running loose in the cul-de-sac. It's true she does that and is in desperate need of some training. But from what she was telling me you could tell the real issue is her neighbor doesn't like her and was looking for any reason to try and get her into trouble. So staying on good terms with your neighbors is essential.

I'd try talking to your neighbors and see what the problem is. Get them to realize it's not your dog if that's the case. Or maybe they say it only bothers them in the morning, or around dinner time. And you can adjust your schedule to accommodate them. Even as a dog owner myself, if I had a neighbor who's dog barked insistently I'd be mad too. But communicating with your neighbors is the first step in remedying the problem. Good luck.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts