Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I think our noise ordinance says that excessive is more than 15 minutes of barking in a one hour period is too much. I think it has to happen in four one hour periods in 24 hours before it is a nusiance though. I need to look that up again. When my neighbors moved to Thailand and rented their house, the people had three dogs. They were a nice young couple and loved their dogs but the dogs had access to outside through a doggie door. Sometimes they barked for hours. I didn't complain but I think others did, as the people broke their lease and moved to a large piece of property in a more rural area.
When Maggie is outside I never let her bark more than 5 minutes and never early in the morning or late at night. I worry about the neighbor whose bedrooms face my back yard. The husband has MS and the wife has not been well either. They always tell me they love to hear Maggie bark. I guess many years ago they raised bassets. I would feel terrible if Maggie disturbed their sleep though.
I guess I am rambling again. You might want to check your noise ordinance. I know that with ours you are asked to keep a log of the barking...dates, times and duration. You also have a right to know who complained. When we got Maggie, I told each of my neighbors to please feel free to tell me if she was ever barking in a way that disturbed them. I hope if there is a problem, they will call me before complaining.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts