Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that my 3 month old beagle sleeps ALOT during the day. He pretty much naps all day and into the evening. Is that normal for his age ? Also when he is up he's ready to run a marathon. Very hyper.

·
Registered
157 Posts
:thumbup: After Tippi would wake up she also would tear around the house like a "mad dog" and we could never figure out why. After awhile she settled down. I read somewhere that beagles love nothing more than to snooze the day away!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I wouldn't worry, just keep and eye on her and your might want to ask at her next vet visit and see what they say, just to ease your mind.

Lora&Tippi
"My little dog. A heartbeat at my feet."
Edith Wharton

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Like Abby, Jersey has her moments of crazy and then crashes. She's having fewer of these as she gets older, and spends more time crashing. When she was a puppy she would run around and play like crazy for a little bit, maybe 30 minutes, and then sleep for a few hours. I joke now that Jersey needs her mid morning nap, her late morning nap, her early afternoon nap, her late afternoon nap...you get the idea. But she is quite active in between her naps! He sounds normal to me!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!
I thought he might be sick but he eats, drinks, plays real hard for like 30 min then he's out. I don't see other signs that he might be in pain. When he wakes up now and I open his crate he just lays there. He eventually makes it out with a BOOM :hyper: .

·
Registered
702 Posts
Daisy naps almost all day long! When we first got her I worried, too, that she slept so much. But when she's up, she's really up and when she's down, well, all I hear is snoring. She'll wake up just long enough to go to another of her favorite napping places. There are a lot -- under each end table, in her living room bed, on the chase lounge, in her bedroom bed, in the front hall, in the other hall and in the back bedroom. Sometimes she snoozes on the mat by the kitchen French Doors.

In summer she sleeps on the wide step outside the kitchen doors or lays on her back in the grass. She'll be 8 in July (an arbitrary date) but she hasn't changed her sleep pattern since we got her at 5.

So I wouldn't worry a lot :biglaugh: Daisy's ears all always tuned to any noise I make -- especially when I open the refrigerator door /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
326 Posts
We sometimes put a webcam on our girls during the day and they are 20 weeks today. They sleep from about 10ish till 12 when I get home, then again from 1 till 4 when Andrew gets home.. They go nuts from 4pm till about 6/7ish then sleep till 9, then it's dinner, then its bed till 6:30am. So they sleep quite a bit during the day. It's something they do everyday so I didn't realy get worried about it.

Just giving you some information on the age of our pups and how much they sleep, so I think it's quite normal /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Speak of running around and just collapsing into a sleep, they've just done it now! Running around mad with one of their favourite toys... now they are dead asleep on the lounge snoring.

(... Erin)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts