Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tiny and Sam seem pretty happy; still on the shy side , but but unless its eating time or potty time, they lay underneath my computer table all day long. Is there any rash explanation for this or are they just happy being in a place where they can rest and not have to constantly fend for something? I hope to see some life come from them. Tiny is the more scared of the two outside following my lead and Sam is the one Tiny and i follow, lol. Sam is a lot more reserved inside and wants to assume the sit position when engaged. Just some observations im not sure about here.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
They are likely feeling comfortable under the computer table. Do they have a crate or a safe haven where they can go that is just a place of their own?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
My first thought was that they probably feel safe under the table. I bet that they are making positive progress in terms of being less scared but it is hard to see when you are with them every day. Test, down the road, will be when someone whom they haven't seen in a while will comment on their changes. There is no time frame for rescues to "come into their own" -- just take pleasure for now in the fact that they obviously feel safe in your home and with you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes they do have a Place of there own... its not a crate, a doggi igloo to be precise, with a soft bed inside and they sleep together at night. However do to my 1 1/2 year old we keep the door between or living room and the rest of the house closed. This door is often gone through and the pups utilize the time to get water or just be curious. Tiny will paw at the door at night and howl a bit but then go lay with Sam and thats the end of the night till about 6 o'clock the next morning.There has been a few pee spots but thank goodness for hardwood floors makes for easy clean up. I praise them greatly when they go potty outside. They have made whats seems to be there markings inside, but usually i can catch them in time to go outside. Work in progress.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Abby loves to sleep under my desk. I think she lays there just to be near me. She can basically nap wherever she wants, but does hace a crate also.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bailey loves to lay under our coffee table. It helps that we have big cushions under it. He has just discovered that he can lay on the back of the sofa.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
When the Bagel is in the house, he is usually laying by my feet. Since I spend a lot of time on the computer, he is often beside me! Sounds like eehy feel safer when under something, you will know that Tiny and Sam have shed rescue baggage when they opt to be near you, not the safety of being under the table.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
When I'm in the computer room in the evening, Li'l Girl wants her bed in here by me. :angel: If I decide to watch TV for awhile, she'll wake up at some point and come looking for me. Then, I move her bed near to where I sit on the couch. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts