Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our beagle must of slept in her other owners bed. We don't want her to, and having hard time to get her to use her bed next to ours. Any ideas? :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
5,088 Posts
I don't like the dogs sleeping with us on the bed either, they have their beds in our room. Maybe you could reward her when she gets in her own bed until she gets used to sleeping there. She will get the idea soon if you are firm about her getting off the bed.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
-Not an advice- Just for your consideration, a beagle pillow or feet warmer can be really confortable sometimes, some have the downside of snoring but mine doesn't, I didn't let him on the bed for a year too but I let him now. The fact that he can't have ANY dog bed led to this too

·
Registered
125 Posts
Your dog should also have their own place or bed to sleep at but occasionally we let dogs to cuddle with us. Medical studies shows that sleeping with dogs in your bed specially having a insomnia will help you to sleep. We need to make train your dog having your dog to sleep on their own. Dog training collars are great help in effective dog training.

Thank you.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Your dog should also have their own place or bed to sleep at but occasionally we let dogs to cuddle with us. Medical studies shows that sleeping with dogs in your bed specially having a insomnia will help you to sleep. We need to make train your dog having your dog to sleep on their own. Dog training collars are great help in effective dog training.

Thank you.
I know you like pushing your collars, but seriously - the OP posted this in 2014. He/she probably has it figured out by now. lol!

Also, these training collars you sell - do they come with a trainer to teach the owner the proper way to use them? I would never attempt to use a tool that I am inexperienced with. That could do the dog more harm than good. At the end of the day, the dog would have more issues than he started with.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My Barney always fell asleep next to me on the bed but sometime during the night, he made his way onto his own bed that was right next to mine. When I adopt my Beagle he/she is more than welcome to snooze away next to me. I'd welcome the extra time to cuddle my little buddy till I fell asleep :)

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
My Barney always fell asleep next to me on the bed but sometime during the night, he made his way onto his own bed that was right next to mine. When I adopt my Beagle he/she is more than welcome to snooze away next to me. I'd welcome the extra time to cuddle my little buddy till I fell asleep
Wait til you're covered with the dogs shedding. ..eek. that's the reason mine doesn't sleep with me.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Wait til you're covered with the dogs shedding. ..eek. that's the reason mine doesn't sleep with me.
Don't be silly, Cassie. I am covered in the shedding regardless - dog hair, horse hair, bunny fur. It's all good. lol!

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
Don't be silly, Cassie. I am covered in the shedding regardless - dog hair, horse hair, bunny fur. It's all good. lol!
Be Honest now... I know Boh sleeps in a crate. Man when I wash Cassie's bedding the filter in my drier comes out looking like some furry animal...lol

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Be Honest now... I know Boh sleeps in a crate. Man when I wash Cassie's bedding the filter in my drier comes out looking like some furry animal...lol
Boh does sleep in the crate. So does Shelby, BUT.... we have snuggle time. They like to snuggle and watch tv with us, in our beds. Heck, they go from bed to bed. If any of 'kids' sleep in, Boh gets in bed with them. They also love to snuggle on the couch in my sons' room.

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
Cassie likes to snuggle too and wedges herself next to me on my chair. She also thinks she's a lap dog. ..lol
But I do get up during the night to take her out if needed, unlike some peeps...lol

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Cassie likes to snuggle too and wedges herself next to me on my chair. She also thinks she's a lap dog. ..lol
But I do get up during the night to take her out if needed, unlike some peeps...lol
Only if they're sick. Otherwise, they better not wake me up. HA!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sleeping in bed with your beagle....

Speaking for myself....How could you not... That warm, purring and love you get from your beagle while sleeping is priceless....JUST SAYING

Attachments

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Although Sophie sleeps in her own bed (by preference) she is allowed to get up on our bed - she is trained to wake me if I begin to have an asthma attack in my sleep - my husband works nights. She has literally been a life saver. My friend - who is a brittle diabetic - has a dog that wakes her when her levels get badly out of wack during the night.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Although Sophie sleeps in her own bed (by preference) she is allowed to get up on our bed - she is trained to wake me if I begin to have an asthma attack in my sleep - my husband works nights. She has literally been a life saver. My friend - who is a brittle diabetic - has a dog that wakes her when her levels get badly out of wack during the night.
- That is a very special pup.... Go Sophie.... Here is a pic of Cooper Daisy waking up beside us.... Gosh i love this pup

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
My dog sleeps in her one bedroom apartment....the crate, all nice and cushy.
- Cooper "Daisy" has a condo... we like to refer to his crate as that.."The condo" also here is his newest additon "it's a puppy playpen..." i kid you not and he loves it....

Attachments

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
My dog sleeps in her one bedroom apartment....the crate, all nice and cushy.
- Cooper "Daisy" has a condo... we like to refer to his crate as that.."The condo" also here is his newest additon "it's a puppy playpen..." i kid you not and he loves it....
Ah yes, i have one of those pop up ones too. We have a large plastic crate, 3 beds, a pop up, and a wire crate for the SUV.
I just cant tolerate cassie on the bed, she jiggles too much, lick, scratch, move around, and plops herself in my spot and wont move. I got her a Serta orthopaedic mattress and blankets for her crate. She gets a treat every time she goes in her crate.

·
Registered
48 Posts
-Not an advice- Just for your consideration, a beagle pillow or feet warmer can be really confortable sometimes, some have the downside of snoring but mine doesn't, I didn't let him on the bed for a year too but I let him now. The fact that he can't have ANY dog bed led to this too
I completely agree with you on this. They are also very nice to snuggle up to.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts