Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gage is almost one and a half, and he's started sleeping almost all day long. He will get up and play if you wake him, but will retreat back to his crate when he gets the chance. He used to just nap on and off throughout the day, and get short bursts of energy when he'd run around and play, but now he'll get up at about 6 am, go outside, come back in and get a little water, then lie down till around 11 am or 12 pm. Then around 3 or 4, he'll get rambuctious and want to run around for about an hour, then lie down again. He used to do this as a puppy when a growth spurt was coming up, but he should be finished growing by now right?

He has a vet appt. coming up soon, but I was wondering if this was a normal stage. I know some of you have beagles who are a little older, and figured you might remember if your dogs did this at around 18 mos. old.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm, perhaps he is growing into the stereotypical lazy beagle. He's an only dog so he doesn't have anyone to keep him playing all day long. I started a thread awhile ago asking when he'd finally slow down. Guess I have my answer. He'll probably get more energetic in the summer when he'll have kids to play with all day long.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mom of 2 beagles, I had to laugh since mellow is usually the last word anyone'd use to describe him. He's usually a crazy little gremlin, running around and getting into things till he crashes from exhaustion. You're right about him still sleeping and eating, so he's most likely fine (fingers crossed).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.