Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just Spencer who does this or is this a beagle thing? Do any of your dogs do this? When Spencer sleeps, he rarely ever actually closes his eyes. Don't mind the bad quality, it was taken with my webcam.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
That's their third eyelid. I think I've seen Jersey sleeping like that once. Amber used to do it all the time though. I didn't like it when she'd sleep like that. It really kinda' grossed/freaked me out. She usually did it when she was dreaming heavily.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Ditto.

Also, let me rephrase...I haven't seen Abby sleep like that.

Quote:Originally posted by jen-n-jersey:
It really kinda' grossed/freaked me out. She usually did it when she was dreaming heavily.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sydney rarely does it. It is so hard to get a cute picture of Spencer sleeping because he always looks like that. I agree, Kinda creepy!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I think he is cute!!! (it is a little creepy though)

I think Chloe slept like that once or twice that I noticed. Dinar (my other dog) still sleeps like that a lot...

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Once in a while I'll "catch one" sleeping with their "eyes open" - not often though.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Haha sometimes arty does that and if he's sleeping deep enough I'll gently touch his "eyelashes" and it usually promps him to close his eyes. I worry that him sleeping with that third eyelid up might dry out the membrane (but i have no idea) so i like to try to close his eyes. But also it sometimes look scary, haha.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts