Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this was pretty interesting...
Tuesday night the wife took out the garbage, but only left it out side the door.
So when I finally came up to bed I heard something outside. When I went to the big glass doors to look, there was a skunk ripping apart our garbage. I banged on the glass to scare it but it just looked at me and went back to what it was doing. Now the dogs show up and see this thing going to town just outside the glass. Now here's the weird part: they just sit down and watch! Any other animal they bark their heads off, but this one doesn't even get a whimper. They've never come in skunked before so I'm wondering if they've picked up a skunk's scent in the past and know what it is capable of? We've always been worried about the dogs and skunks but apparently they know better.

·
Registered
350 Posts
wow,
your dogs must have great instincts!!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Speaking as one whose dogs have had more than one skunk encounter, it's amazing to me that your dogs didn't bark. Mine would have been right after the skunk if possible.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Wow! That is really interesting. It's amazing how beagles can surprise us with their unexpected behavior, and fun to try to figure out why they act the way they do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts