Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, my boyfriend and I were seated on the couch watching tv. Bones was sitting next to me, but Spock was elsewhere, and we wanted to cuddle with him. So I called out, "Spock, come!" kind of in a sing-song way. Bones looked at me with some confusion, then threw her head back and howled, which took us completely by surprise. My boyfriend and I couldn't stop giggling. And then, we took turns howling to get Bones to sing for us some more (she obliged a few times, but for the most part, it was just us howling for the next 4 or 5 minutes). I am just glad no one could hear us; we must have sounded crazy! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hyper.gif

(And speaking of howling, one of our neighbors has a beagle who was "talking" with Bones through the fence a few weeks ago. I was able to correctly guess the breed by the distinctive aroo. Hehe.)

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
That's hilarious, Eve! And you all are in good (but crazy) company.

Our lab/border collie mix, Kelsey-Bad, sits and howls nonstop everytime my son practices guitar or piano. She had surgery recently and her throat was a bit scratchy from that but she howled even though it was hard to do.

It's a very endearing sound, isn't it?

~Denise

1 - 4 of 4 Posts