Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took Boeing out for a walk this morning so he could go potty too. He found a spot he liked among the tall grass and half disappeared in it. About 10 sec. later, he scurried out and started running funny, stopping in between to scoot his butt. I had to finally pin him between my legs so I could find out what was troubling him. Sure enough...two monstrous red ants (those that are about 1 cm long) were hanging on to his anus for dear life!!! The silly beagle pooped into an ants' nest /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif .

·
Registered
540 Posts
:doh:

Not a pleasant experience! Ouch! Guess that'll teach him to be more careful where he squats!!

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Once, while traveling along a deserted backroad in Central Florida, we hadn't seen a gas station or another car in miles, so I bravely had my friend pull over for a potty break. As I nervously looked around to check for other cars coming down the road, I neglected to look UNDER me.....I did the same thing Boeing did. THAT's when I found out about FIRE ANTS!

Poor Poor Boeing........ :rotflmao:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I haven't encountered fire ants on emergency potty breaks, but have stepped in their hills. OUCH!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif Poor Boeing.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Poor Boeing!! We have really nasty red ants here in Florida (as Deb unfortunately learned ...). Because we have sand, and not dirt, underneath all our lawns, the red ants have a field day all year round here. I am seriously allergic to them. I hope Boeing has recovered -- expect he will be a little hesitant to pee in that spot again!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Poor Boeing. There are red ant hills all over my apartment complex. It's really terrible here in Florida. I'm very cautious about where Jersey squats. My friends dog wasn't so lucky and her whole hind end got bit up. I know how much it hurts to get a bite on the foot...I could only imagine the pain somewhere more tender. Give Boeing a belly rub from me and Jersey! I hope he's feeling better soon. He's going to be very itchy. Oh, a home remedy we've always used here in Florida is a paste of baking soda & water to draw out the poison.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Gives a new meaning to AROoOoooooOOOooooo

Poor poor Beagle.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Who'd of thought something like that could happen? that paste sounds like a soothing idea!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts