Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Twins are now 6 months old. I have been scrimping and saving to get them fixed soon but really afford our real vet so it looks like it is gonna be the Humane Society. I am okay with that except the Girls will have to be away overnight cause the Humane Society takes them about 70 miles away and keeps them overnight.

Because they only do it on Wednesdays with pickups on Thursdays, it looks like we may have to delay it a couple more weeks due to work/going out of town schedules. I am just worried they will go into heat before I get a chance to get them fixed, cause they stay outside in our fenced in backyard all day but I know a dog could get to them through the fence.

One of the Girls has been usually moody the last week or so (how silly is it that we can see a Puppy being moody :biglaugh: ???) so I am extra worried. And hubby says I am seeing things but I feel that her tits are getting swollen.

Please tell me they will be okay for another month!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Watch her little pee pee area for swelling. On Sadie's first heat her pee pee (no idea what that is called on a girl doggie), swelled up. Our boy Beagle sniffed her a lot. It swelled up a lot and after a few days we saw blood there and knew she had started her first heat. Sadie was about 9 months old. Sadie alwasy acted very tired during her heats and would lay around a lot.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
When Amber went into her first heat she was also around 9 months old. Like Sadie, her private area started to swell. I don't think her nipples got swollen though. It's been a long time so I don't really remember all that many details.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the snap link. I will save that but I live on the other side of the state. The Twins will be fixed in Asheville. I guess I wanted to just make sure they were not likely to go into heat within the next month. From what I have been reading, it is usually at about 9 months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts