Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
We're pretty lucky in having a fenced-in back yard. The front yard can be seen through the windows, and Bones has taken to poking her nose through the blinds in the study to look out. I lift the blinds so she doesn't destroy them when she gets excited. But sometimes, like today, she sees something out there once and whines about it for hours. Right now, as I type, she is up in her daddy's chair, trying to get close to me to get my attention, and a few moments ago in the kitchen, she kept looking at the harness/leash drawer. Moooom, let's go see what that thing is! It desperately needs my attention!

Yesterday, she was more excited than normal, howling and etc., and so I got down under the table next to that window to see what the matter was. One of the wild rabbits that lives in the neighborhood was stretched out and relaxing on the freshly-mown grass in the shade about 10 feet from the window, and Bones couldn't stand it.

There's not a lot I can do to stop her from looking out the window except rearrange the study to put the couch against the window, but that's difficult to do because of the furniture, electrical outlets, and internet cable set-up in the room. I am just very glad we have few to no wild animals that come into the back yard, though I wish they'd scare off that scolding blue jay that built a nest in the tree in our back yard.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.