Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a little beagle named Saviour, for the past week he has been repeatedly vomiting, diarrhea and fever. He was given CERENIA injection for vomiting and diagnosed with gastrointiis. He was given nausea medication and antibiotics. He is still continuing to vomit after 2nd visit to our veterinarian. They did a electoralyte panel, CBC, X-rays of abdomen x2, and complete health panel. Pancreatitis has been ruled out, but he does have a high white cell count and air in a inflamed colon. Just asking if there is anything else that should be in question or does anyone else know anything that may help.

Thank you...

·
Super Moderator
5,217 Posts
I'm so sorry he is so sick. I don't have any medical info to add, just hope he feels better soon. My Molly had a terrible intestinal issue and i thought I would lose her but she bounced back quite quickly once it all passed and the meds and hydration worked.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
Sorry to hear that.. a high white count seems to indicate an infection. Any rectal bleeding? Perhaps Giardia?.. consider a second opinion.
Also check the dog food for any issues on www.dogfoodadvisor.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My boy, just had his CBC redone yesterday, and it appears that his WBC has gone up by 2 points. Which indicates that the Amoxatabs-150 mg are not working like they should. The vet says that although he seems to physically appear relatively normal, he still has a infection. So they changed his antibiotic to Clavacillin 250mg. We'll give it a week on those and recheck his blood work to see if his levels are falling back into normal range. Keep your fingers crossed and thanks for everyone's love.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts