Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am totally addicted to buy stuff for my dog. Treats, plenty of chew toys, collars and leashes and clothes. It's unbelievable, but I buy more things for Bloom than for myself. I spend about 30 Dollars / Euros a month just for dogs-stuff. I just can't seem to stop. I tried not to buy anything for like two month, but then I saw that cute plush, singing Birthday Cake. That was an itch way too deep not to scratch.

How much money do you guys spend on dogs-stuff a month?

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Way too much is all I can say. Actually we don't spend as much as we did when they were younger. When they were younger we were always buying new toys, Bitter Apple Spray, etc. Now we lucked up that hubbie's Mom (Grandma) buys their food. We just get an occasional chew toy here and there now.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I go through phases!! I may buy him nothing out of the ordinary for a couple of months and then go crazy one day when the mood strikes!!!

Dogs are supposed to be spoiled, right?!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
My downfall is taking Daisy to training at PetSmart. I swear I can't just go in for training and leave. I always have to buy something.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
We go through a box of treats every 10 days or so. Like everyone else, when Spock was an only dog and younger, I used to splurge on toys just about every time I went to a pet supply store. But both dogs seem to love, above all other playthings, sticks that we find in the yard, so that's cool. Spock is a cheap date!

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
We spend around $15 a month on treats and toys (if she needs new ones), food not included. I would love to spend more on her but right now money is a bit tight. Thankfully though next month is our last car payment for his Jeep /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I was just talking to Mike about this same subject a few days ago. I have to pull myself away from the dog toys anymore. I couldn't even begin to tell you how much I spend on Jersey. She must have at least 50 toys if she has one. I can't help it, it's an addiction for me. Once you add the price of food and treats in too, I spend well over $50/month on Jersey. Add daycare to that and well...geez...

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Well ours cost us 20 Euros a week just for food. Then theres the treats which being good quality cost us a further 10 Euro a week. We dont buy clothes for them or toys- as they dont know what to play is. We have spent a small fortune on collars and harnesses plus leads. So they cost us a minimum of 30 Euro a week, for 2 beagles. Vets fees of course have to be added to all this.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I really have to stop myself from buying toys for Henry; otherwise I would do it every day! I do buy him something new every payday (biweekly) and try to rotate his toys so they stay new to him. I also try and throw away toys that are torn-up or that he's lost interest in regularly. Otherwise my house would be overrun! Henry has about 20 toys, but some are only outside toys, others stay in the car, etc. He loves sticks too! Whenever we go to the park he'll find a new one (as if our yard doesn't have enough) and carry it around for most of his walk. Then he gets in the car and chews himself to sleep.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
We've only had Maggie a month, and although I couldn't give you an exact amount, it's most definitely significant. In fact, suffice it to say, every room in the house is totally consumed with dog toys!

·
Registered
794 Posts
I have no idea...the toy thing--anything new is destroyed. However, I have these plastic squeeze balls that they love.
and have NOT destroyed...yet my sisters long haired doxie showed them that they can be destroyed...
but they haven't yet! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/alien1.gif

1 - 16 of 16 Posts