Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Earlier this evening Mr. Shiloh B. and I went visiting at the nursing home - no real biggie since he enjoys all the extra attention and love'n he gets. The problem started as we walked out of my garage to get in the cab for our ride to the n.h. Mr. Cat was sitting, pretty as you please, on the driveway right across the street. Mr. Shiloh B. could not figure out why mama would not let him go run over to the driveway and play with Mr. Cat. Finally we got in the cab and went on to the n.h. Later, after we did a few visits in the unit for Alzheimer's patients, we walked on over (connected and indoor hallway) to where the independent living apartments are to meet up and visit there with one of the residents. We happened to walk by some glass doors going outside as we made our way to the lobby - I thought Mr. Shiloh B. was going ballistic on me. And it did not stop as we walked into the lobby - his physical behavior got better except for the barking. As time passed he quieted down for the most part but even once the client was there visiting, there were a couple of times Mr. Shiloh had to let everyone know that he was still on the job. Even when he was laying down with his head on the floor, you could still hear an occasional whine from him. He has never acted this way - barking a little yes, but not carrying on the way he did - I watched him, rubbed his legs and spine in case he was hurting - nope. I bet by the time we got home, he was feeling pretty frustrated that mama would not let him have any fun with the other critters.

So ok, we get home and after getting his vest and Halti and the no-slip collar off, I let him and Miss Shasta B. outside. I turn my head bak inside for a minute but even before Mr. Shiloh B. gets off the deck - I hear his loud bark and bay. I figure ok, the neighbor's dog is out or there is a cat running loose. Now in case anyone doesn't know, I live in a duplex so my neighbor's yard is on the other side of my fence. So by now, Miss Shasta has joined her brother in the baying and the barking and they are at the fence right by the house. I look over and at first I think I see a cat in a crate sitting on my neighbor's patio. A few seconds later the neighbor lady lets their dog out and so I ask her if they got a cat (altho I'm wondering now what it is exactly - kind of a pretty fluffy white and black ???????). Just in case ya'll haven't figured it out - THEY GOT A BUNNY! I bet Mr. Shiloh is just feeling totally betrayed by now - especially when she drops a cloth over the crate so he can't see the bunny. Does she really think he doesn't know the bunny is there? It was bad enuf with the earlier two situations but then to come home, I'm sure what Mr. Shiloh considers his kingdom - only to come snoot to bunny smell with a live rabbit - and 1 that is so close, I can only hope that Mr. Shiloh will be able to sleep without any nitemares - knowing that Mr. Rabbit is now living sooooooo close.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Oh boy what teases the neighbors are! That's like a life long bank robber getting caught and sent to prison for life, but right across the street from the pen is a bank, in clear view from Mr Bank Robbers jail cell window...I can quite imagine Mr Shiloh is in quite a funk with that bunny next door!

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Its so hard when they get fixed on their hunting subject. Molly was obsessing over a mourning dove last night and was making me crazy. I think they feel like they failed their task if they can't find their bunny/bird/cat etc.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
We have a bunny living next door as well. They allow it to run around their garden. So we put an extra fence between them and us and if we know the bunny is out of its cage, we keep our two beagles in the front garden. Our last beagle was always looking out for the neighbours previous bunny. Spotty (our late beagle) would make a scene and we were forced to take her indoors until bunnies playtime was over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.