Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I took Rosa and Sherry for their annual booster vaccinations today. The vet always does a health check first. Rosa is fine and he gave her the booster. When he examined Sherry though he said that she didn't feel right at all in the abdominal area. She feels like she has a prolapse of an internal organ. She has always had a bit of a tummy on her but I put that down to the fact that she has spent all her life having puppies. I'm sure most of us would have a bit of a belly under the same circumstances but he said it's not that but something else.

What I don't understand is how a vet can't tell what part of her abdomen is falling out by feeling around. He said it could be any number of internal organs but he can't tell by feeling :freak: Maybe I expect too much from them...vets that is.

She needs to go for a scan on thursday morning.

Last week she was a bit off for a day or two, like she was in pain but not limping or anything and I did tell him about this. He said it may be related to what's going on inside or maybe not because when he was having a good feel around she was very happy for him to do it and nothing seemed to hurt her.

I'll let you all know the outcome. Thanks for being here and listening x

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I'm so sorry to learn that Sherry has a problem. Hope it turns out to be something minor. Since we don't know the background of our rescues, it's so worrisome when something goes wrong. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thinking lots of positive thoughts for Sherry :heart:
Yvonne and the hounds

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Always a worry when our pups are sick; I'll be adding Sherry to my doggy prayer list......

and I'll be anxiously awaiting an update on her test. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Sending positive thoughts and hugs to Sherry. We will be waiting to hear her report on Thursday.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Awww, poor baby. Heeling thoughts coming your way, hope all goes well Thursday.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
We're sending positive thoughts for Sherry! Please keep us posted!
Glenda 'n the pack

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Hi Jennifer,

Even if the vet had an idea about what was out of place, he would still want to verify it with an xray at least.

Henry and I are sending positive thoughts to you and little Sherry!

~Denise

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.