Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sherry had her post op and post heart check up today.

The operation site has healed up brilliantly. Her heart sounds much better. It's going a bit slower which is good because it was way too fast before. She's going to be on the heart meds now for the rest of her life.

He had a good feel around for lumps and couldn't feel anything which is reasuring. I do feel around myself but not being a vet of course I don't know what to feel for. I said that I could feel a lump and showed him where it was and he said "that's her bladder and it's full and she needs a pee" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/greendevil.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

So, she's been given the all clear for another 6 weeks. Then I need to take her back for another check up. But he did point out once again that only 45% of dogs with her type of cancer live as long as 12 months after first diagnosis. I guess he was trying to say that I mustn't build up my hopes.

I'm just thankful that she's here now because I didn't think she was going to survive the surgery to be honest.

Sherry and Rosa are waiting on the rug for a BeagleWorld cyber hug please lol

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Many many cyber beagle hugs for everyone! Glad she's as happy and healthy as she can be, and she'll be around for a good long time to share beagle kisses and love with you! Awww.. they really are both so sweet /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
{{{{HUGS}}}} And a puppy lick from Duke!

Glad to hear Sherry's doing so well. Just to give you some hope, my brother and sis-in-law had a 10 y/o shepard mix that was very ill and they took her to the ER and found out she had stomach cancer that had spread already. Vet said surgery may give her 6 months to a year and they went for it. Well, Callie surpassed everybody's wildest dreams and lived another 4 years! Her vet was amazed every time he saw her. So, sometimes they can go against the odds and I hope and pray Sherry does.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone.

Zookeeper...I was thinking that too but I guess the vets always give you the worst case scenario because it's not fair of them to say "oh she could live another ex amount of years" for her then to live just 2 months.

I'm aware that things could go in her favour and she'll surprise us all but also that she may not live until the 6 week checkup. That's why he only gave me 6 weeks supply of heart meds.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Tons of cyber-hugs sent over-seas and a healing Maggie sends a special hug to a healing Sherry! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/doh00000.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Sending a hug for the beautiful girls. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yay.gif I'm so glad Sherry had such a good report. She remains in my prayers.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Here's a great big cyber hug to you girls! I'm glad to hear that Sherry had a good checkup. I will still keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts