Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snoppy is shedding like crazy. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to help reduce the shedding? Please help.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Couple of thoughts -- one is kind of obvious ... frequent brushing. The other is to add some Omega-3 to Snoopy's diet, either through oil or supplements to help add some moisture to his coat. My Maggie used to shed heavily twice a year and, inbetween, practically not at all so maybe this is just one of Snoopy's heavy shedding periods.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Give him a really thorough bath as this will loosen any extra fur and then give him a blow dry and brush.

If you don't have a blow drier, a trip to the groomers might be worthwhile, although where I live we have do-it-yourself doggy washes that include access to a proper canine blow drier.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just got a Furminator. I was skeptical at first but it works! It removes the loose/dead underfur. Snoopy's shedding has minimized greatly and her coat looks awesome.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Originally Posted By: Bubbles & SnoopyI just got a Furminator. I was skeptical at first but it works! It removes the loose/dead underfur. Snoopy's shedding has minimized greatly and her coat looks awesome.
I agree! I bought one and it's the best thing ever for shedding

·
Registered
147 Posts
Our pup had his crazy shedding period from May to June. We have a hound glove with rubber bristles. Anytime we came in from a walk, I'd give him a good brushing in our sun room. Use the glove in the reverse direction of their fur to really rile things up!

We also took him to the groomer's twice during that period which helped.

Do you know if this is seasonal or have you changed Snoop's food? If it's seasonal, it's more or less a wait it out kind of thing...

If you've changed food what is he eating?

Someone also metnioend feeding them raw egg to help their coat.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I cast my vote with the Furminator folks.
Recently, I bought one, and it gets amazing amounts of hair off the dogs. Plus, their coats look better after using it.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I love the Furminator, it's worth the $$$. Plus there is a Furminator deshedding shampoo that is supposed to help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So are all of you saying that there are times that is is not bad. It seems to have gotten bad in the last month or so.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Both of mine shed like crazy. I vacuum the couches and carpet once a day. Brushing and different foods have not made a difference but the one thing I have not tried is the omega 3 oils and I probably should but I guess I have just gotten so used to it.

Oh my sis uses the furminator and LOVES it and so does her dog.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts