Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am quite mad at Miss Jersey tonight. I bought a new comforter last week. Since then, Jersey has been afraid of it. She won't sleep on the bed and just looks at it like it's this horribly scary thing. It's a dark green compared to the light cream color of the last one, so I thought the color just bothered her, or maybe the new smell. Well, today, I guess she'd had enough of the bad thing on her bed and peed on it. Mike and I were setting up our new TV in the bedroom when she started circling around on the blanket...and then just squated and went. I guess that was her way of claiming the bed back. Grrrr.....

·
Registered
366 Posts
How rude!
Yet something tells me she's so darn cute she'll be forgiven?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, I don't mean to laugh (well, maybe I do), but when I read the post subject, what I saw was: <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">Re: She peed on my new com</span></span>

So I was preparing myself for the worst.... i.e., ending with ...puter.

Anyways, I hope that it's not something the washing machine can't solve

·
Registered
889 Posts
Oh I can somewhat relate! When we first moved into our house Rocky peed on my pillow. We were getting ready for the bed the first night and had brought both Daisy and Rocky into the bedroom. They kept pacing around and so I just figured they were a little nervous being in the new surroundings. But a few minutes later rocky jumped on the bed and peed right on my pillow! And just about the same time Daisy peed on the floor!! It was not something I wanted to be dealing with at 1 in the morning. LOL But they haven't had any problems ever since thank goodness.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Been there, done that. Don't even get upset anymore. Every time I get new bedding Lucy pees on it. I'm really good at using Nature's Miracle....

Sylvia

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That reminds me of the time Spook peed on the curtain in my computer room. There was absolutely no reason for it, he'd never done it before, and has never done it again.
Maybe Jersey won't repeat the deed either.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I am laughing butty off Jen. It reminds of the time Beagle #1, Bama did the same thing. My son and I were too involved in a football game to let Bama out and the wife was in bed reading. He gave the signal to the wife, who also ignored him. Next thing he jumped up on the bed and let it flow.

My son and I each looked at the other and said oh .....! We were the ones who got tongue lashed by the wife. One of the funnier moments with Bama, I am still chuckling. Bad Jersey

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, peeing on the blanket seems to have gotten Jersey over her fear of it. She's cuddling up on it now, no problems. Maybe now that it's been washed....who knows! Whatever her reaasoning is, I guess she's happy now that she marked it as hers. Oh, and she had just recently gone out to go to the bathroom, so I know that it wasn't that she needed to go out.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Maybe she could smell some kind of chemical that went away after washing. My mom used to own a clothing store and the clothes came packed in boxes and had a very strong chemical smell. Everything was unpacked, hand steamed and hung for a day or two before going on the floor.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
When we first brought Susi home, she came onto our bed and just squatted and peed. We are horrified, it went through several layers. She never did it again, so we dont know the reason.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Oh no! Glad that she seems to have gotten over her fear, though I imagine you would have been happier had she found a different method!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Gotta love the peeing on the bed... Ginger just did it a couple of nights ago...what fun getting into bed and realizing it is wet!!! I don't really understand it (our comforter is NOT new, but is has been washed quite a bit.) I can understand peeing by the door because we didn't get there in time, but on the bed...that is on purpose!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Maybe she thought is was grass. Just kidding! You have to keep your sense of humor when things like this happen.

If you kept the old comforter why don't you fold it up into a little bed for her. Maybe that will make her feel comfortable.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Misery loves company...I got to clean up copious amounts of vomit out of my car after Henry played with my boss's dogs. He hadn't had anything to eat, but still! EW!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts