Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... of the splint.

Two days ago, Kali managed to get out of her E-collar and really got to chewing at her splint while we were at work. I repaired it as best I could (doggie first aid training came in handy) Yesterday morning, I put Kali in her E-collar again, tied tighter this time and left. I get home and find the E-collar on the couch still tied, along with half her splint. i go back to the vet and her vet re-wraps it again. We discuss the splints usefulness at this point, and agree if she gets it off again, its stays off. She said after 4-6 weeks its more for their comfort and protection than support. She also wiped it down with some supposedly really foul tasting stuff. Well, this morning Kali decided she had enough of it and inside of 2 minutes the top portion was gone. I guess didn't taste that bad. I removed the rest of it.

She is now unofficially walking on all fours. She seems so much happier. Yes, she is still jumping, standing, climbing and running around without the splint. Keep your fingers and paws crossed.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Kali sounds like she knows what she wants and has the beagle stubborness to get it!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ut-Oh!! I'm happy Kali is happy, but I hope she won't cause herself any unnecessary damage, until all is clear.

Keeping fingers crossed

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like Kali is one determined beagle ... guess that is redundant! I am glad she is happy -- fingers are crossed at this end that she stays out of harm's way.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Wow!! sounds like a beagle for sure!! I remember the one and only time I tried to put a sweater on Hunter because it was cold. The sweater was off and on the back step in 30 seconds flat. Never tried it again. They sure let us know what they think. Hope Kali heals o.k.

·
Registered
230 Posts
This is when I hope that animals know better than us about how much they have recovered, and what they need...

Keep healing, Kali, and good luck, Joe, keeping her quiet.

Sylvia

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kali - you are one determined little Lady. The Bagel says the humans mean well. Hope she continues to heal well. Sounds like Summer has a real partner in crime.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hopefully, Kali is healed enough. She certainly seems to think so. Our little hounds can get a mindset at times.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We had Summer's yearly wellness checkup last night. Afterwards, our vet thought Kali looked great. Good muscle tone and the bones felt stable. Her walk looked good, she didn't favor the broken foot very much. She was pleased with her progress. She just suggested no rough terrain where she might slip and twist it. Normal activity was approved.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Great to hear Kali is on the mend, hope she is completely healed soon and can enjoy racing around with Summer

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Glad to hear Miss Kali continues to recover nicely. That E-collar didn't stand a chance against her!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Great news! Kali is one determined little girl. Guess she decided she was healed enough! Great to know that she is getting around and can have normal activity. In no time, she'll be ready to zoom around all she wants!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts