Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been on a wait list for a beagle puppy and one week ago today the puppies were born. Mum had 4 girls, 2 boys and 3 stillborns [ very sad ]. The breeder told me she has 9 people on her list wanting one , we are number 4. We sort of would like a girl as we have never had a girl beagle before. The breeder can't promise yet even though we are 4th in line and she had 4 girls, in case something goes wrong. But we defintely will be getting a puppy .
When we got Merlin who was our second beagle we were getting a girl then but she died and we chose our precious adorable Merlin who I could never imagine not having . So I guess what happens is what is meant to happen and we don't want to wait any longer and their aren't a lot of breeders in Tasmania where we live. She did say sometimes people on a wait list do change their minds , I guess there will be 3 disappointed families if not.
I just wanted to share that. I am excited and at the same time still sad after the loss of our Merlin in October last year. I am sure he won't mind, it's still a hard thing being excited about a puppy coming but still missing your old friend.
Thanks for listening.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
That's awesome!!! Sad about the stillborn pups, but I'm hoping the rest will grow up to be great Beagle pups.

I love girls, I have one male back home, and after having Chloe, I have to admit, I like girls better....

One reservation to that last sentence is that any dog with good temperament will be one heck of a dog!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I hope the time goes by quickly for you.
Also, I hope you can get a girl. I'm biased, but the girls we've had have all been such loving pets.

You'll never forget Merlin, and the new puppy won't replace him in your hearts. It will, however, help to fill the empty space left by his passing. Each pet has its own personality, so you'll be able to cherish the special things about Merlin while enjoying the new puppy.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I think Merlin would like you getting an new beagle pup and the fact that you want another beagle honors Merlin's memory.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
YAY! Congrats on getting a pup (hopefully a girl like you want). I am sure that Merlin is happy for you as he is watching you from the rainbow bridge

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all, you are all so sweet
I like to think also like a lot of you said that Merlin would be happy for us. I often think he is watching over us all.

I hope the time goes past fast too , we first spoke to the breeder on the phone in the first week in January so it's already been a bit of a wait. I will enjoy looking at all the puppy pictures on here until then.

·
Registered
229 Posts
How exciting! Hope you get your girl. We have loved our boy puppy but I'm finding that the girl has caught on to everything faster... potty training, tricks, the rules of the house. Either way I'm sure you'll love your pup. As others have said, your new doggy won't take Merlin's place. It will just give you someone new to love.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Congratulations on getting another beagle. We always had girl beagles until we got Snoopy.Now we think both girls and boys are great.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you Joe Beagles, Vicki and A doghouse.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you Sephly it's 6 weeks and counting now.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally Posted By: SmeagleCongrats Beagles Eyes!

Is it a Tasmanian kennel, BE?
She is a breeder down here not a kennels. Not sure what your BE stands for ??
There are only about 6-8 breeders in the whole of Tasmania that are registered anyway. We could have got one from another breeder earlier but we weren't ready .

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally Posted By: AmberI am getting so excited I just can't wait!!!
Thank you Amber . I have enjoyed hearing all about Cassidy and her lovely pictures. Can't wait to share our adventures with our new pup soon.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally Posted By: Sephly
Originally Posted By: Beagle EyesThank you Sephly it's 6 weeks and counting now.
Awww
so soon
can't wait i'm going to hound you (pun intended lol) for pictures
Thank you . I am sure we can post one or two. LOL

1 - 20 of 24 Posts