Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi We've got an 8 month beagle boy and a 7 motnh dachshund girl. They are always together but today I took the dachshund to the vet to be neutered.

As you can imagine we have to separate them for at least 4-5 days but the beagle is not taking this well. He is in the backyard howling and howling and I don't know what to do.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The beagle is a little rough to her son the vet reccomended us to have her separated for three days to let the wound to heal.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Oh I see. I would see how they do together, supervised of course. When my jack russell get spayed, the other dogs didn't bother her because they could sense she wasn't feeling well.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Sandy has a great idea. I'd definitely try that and see if it calms the beagle down a bit.

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Can your dachsund maybe be gated in one room and beagle allowed in the room(s) next to it? That way they can be close. When my greyhound had surgery he had to be separated from Andy, especially when we were at work. So Jake had the kitchen with a nice bed and all his stuff and Andy had the bedroom and hallway. Worked out good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts