Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was watching Milo and Bindi play around on the grass this morning when i noticed Bindi start to become bothered. she would keep turning away from Milo, as if she wanted some peace and quiet to go toilet. she then stopped, fell stiff to her side and started foaming at the mouth. i quickly ran over to her but by time i reached her she was back on her feet, tail waging as normal and just rubbing her face on the floor, i guess to clean the foam that was on her lips. so it lasted for about 5 seconds. i will be seeing the vet tomorrow but wanted to hear others experiences as it was not nice to witness.
obviously cannot automatically point this to epilepsy so i will need to carefully evaluate diet (medium quality kibble) and surroundings.
she has been wormed recently and came out clean so i know that is not an issue, but she is quite skinny and i have been increasing her food but still unable to make her put on weight so the two may be related? i heard seisures can occurr when dogs are lacking certain nutrients so she may have a digestion problem? she is now 15wks old and eating almost the same amount as Milo who is 8 months old. at first i thought it was due to being a high energy puppy but now i am quite concerned.
any ideas on things i could check or ask the vet to check?

thank you in advanced and sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I bet that was scary to witness!
I do not have any personal experience with seizures but know they can be kept under control with medication. My brother-in-law's St Bernard suffers from seizures and he is fine now with the medication the vet gave him, but he will most likely have to be on it forever.

Positive thoughts your way, let us know how you make out, I hope it is nothing serious

·
Registered
215 Posts
Sorry to hear about Bindi, it must have been an awful experience. Our thoughts are with you and hope that it is a one off.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes well the vet was quite...useless...

as it was only the first time, she said it could have been the heat or excitement and that we will just need to keep an eye on it. so basically, unless its a constant thing, the poor dog needs to just suffer... i hope the vet is right, and its only a once off.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Sorry you are non the wiser. Could be a bit of heat stroke - I know Aussie has had some monster temperatures! Let's hope it doesn't happen again. Let us know how Bindi is getting on.

·
Registered
215 Posts
How is Bindi doing? Has she had any more bad turns? I hope all is well.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes all has been well and noone in my family have seen her have any more seizures so i am hoping the vet was right and it was just excitement or heat (although it was early morning)...

p.s. your display pic reminds me exactly of my milo and bindi lol

·
Registered
215 Posts
Glad to hear that all is well. Fingers crossed there are no more! My display pic is when my darlings are being Angels at the moment, they are zooming around the house being little devils!!!!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Good news! Glad to hear that

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.