Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be my first post, but I am not in any way new to this site.

Just for intro.. My wife and I are owned by a 1 yr old Beagle/hound mix named Gus. His mixture makes him look just like a Harrier.

Anyway.....

My wife and I are considering on buying a new home. One we're looking at has laminate wood flooring in about 75% of the house.
Of you that have wood/laminate wood floors, does your Beagle scratch the floors? How do you keep your floors looking nice? Does your dog have a problem with the grip etc...? We would love any other info you could give us.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I have laminate flooring in my basement family room - just so much easier and better than carpeting since this room is my "nursery", as well as my computer room/tv room/everything room. It can be mopped, the dogs were a little leary of it at first - but I love it and they don't seem to have a problem with it. Carpeting wtih ten beagles (and occasional litters) just doesn't work well. My basement is big - has a large family room, extra kitchen, laundry room, bath (very utilitarian bath), workshop and storage, and the dogs and I pretty much "live" down here. I like it because it's easy "upkeep".

·
Registered
225 Posts
We have dark cherry hardwood in our kitchen and pantry and light laminate in out downstairs bathroom. Blue refuses to sit on the hardwood, but will sit on the throw rugs we have by the sink and the entry ways. We have problems with muddy feet and we can tell when he has had a drink of water!!! Of course it is easy to mom. As for the scratching, as long as we keep his nails trimmed it doesn't seem to show scratches. We do not let him in the kitchen with toys and we try not to have zoomie sessions in that area of the house.

As for the light hardwood in the bathroom, it seems to be great and that is where we bathe him for easy clean up.

Hope this helps!!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
My boyfriend's parents have three LARGE bassett hounds and wooden (or maybe laminate?) floors all over the house and it always looks nice, so i think you will be okay /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
443 Posts
We have mostly wood floors downstairs and haven't had any problems (unless you count me dropping heavy, pointed things all the time). Even when they run and slide they don't mark the floors.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
My apartment is wood floors (all but the kitchen and bathroom) and it's still shining after almost 9 months with Chloe.... the doesn't slip, scratch or seems to have any other problem with the floor, and she is one vandalist beagle :hi:

G

·
We also have wood floors. Chase does scratch at them but not much. The floors still look nice no marks are left or anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts