Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pooh Bear (boy - age 9) doesn't have his pretty glossy coat anymore. Of course he has lost most of his coloring. His hair along his back is course and scragly and even a bit curly and dry. He sheds a lot too. Anyone else have an older Beagle (no, he's not old, I refuse to admit to that!), anyone have a Beagle with hair like this? Is he missing something in his diet?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Booker has always had a slightly wavy coat - very unlike the others, which are all quite silky. And as she has gotten older (she is going to be 12 later this month) it has gotten thicker and wavier and coarser and she NEVER stops shedding.... It is still pretty glossy, and she hasn't lost much of her colouring (except her eyelashes and eyebrows), but the texture of her coat has definitely changed as she has aged.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
You might try adding an Omega-3 supplement -- there are lots out there. I have found it helps immensely with dry coat (and resultant increased shedding).

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Li'l Girl sheds, always has, but her coat is still shiny. She's probably 9-1/2 to 10 years old. My dogs have always had a supplement with Omega-3 fatty acids in it and, even Misty who's 14, still has a shiny coat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts